• About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Login
Vital News
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
Vital News
No Result
View All Result
Home Education

Ododo On Assessment Visit To CUSTECH, Promises Safe Return Of Abducted Students

Vital News by Vital News
May 11, 2024
in Education, Security
0
Ododo On Assessment Visit To CUSTECH, Promises Safe Return Of Abducted Students
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Governor, Ahmed Usman Ododo has vowed to secure the safe return of all students of the Confluence University of Science and Technology (CUSTECH), Osara, who were Kidnapped by bandits Thursday evening.

Ododo made the vow on Saturday when he paid an assessment visit to the university campus .

The state government had on Friday confirmed that nine students were abducted by the bandits.

Ododo assured that every necessary step , including non-kinetic measures have been activated to ensure the safe return of the abducted students.

While assuring members of the university community of efforts by the government to improve the existing security architecture on the campus, Ododo promised that he will do whatever it takes to return all the abducted students safely and reunite them with their families and friends.

RelatedStories

Fresh Tragedy As Soldiers, Amotekun Operatives, Local Hunters On Mission To Rescue Oyo Teachers, Pupils Are Killed By Explosives Planted By Kidnappers

Oyo Schools Attack : Terrorists Release Video Of Abducted Principal Begging Tinubu, Makinde, CAN, Well Meaning Nigerians For Help

Police Confirm, Mourn 17 Officers Killed By Terrorists In Yobe

DHQ Says No Ambiguity In Identity Of Abu-Bilal Al-Minuki, Top Terrorist Commander Killed In Joint Operation

“It is our duty as a government to protect lives and property in all parts of the state.

“We are prepared to protect the students and that is why we allowed the students to stay on the campus.

“We installed CCTV cameras in all the classrooms and the entire perimeter of the university campus yet on the day of the attack, our investigation so far revealed that all the cameras were switched off and this can only be attributed to sabotage by internal collaborators.

“Our security agencies are on their heels and investigation is ongoing.

“All our students shall return safely and the perpetrators shall be brought to book, ” the governor assured.

Speaking further on the ongoing rescue efforts, Ododo disclosed that there will be regular review of the operation as more facts emerge from the investigation.

The governor said :  “I am here to see things myself; to assess the situation and also to review the ongoing operation that will ensure the safe return of the students to the school.

“What is most important now is how to rescue our students unhurt.

“We have the right information at our disposal but we can’t put all that out in the media.

“I want the parents and students to be calm as we are making concerted effort to secure the return of the students.”

He commended the security agencies for their gallantry in minimising the impact of the attack by preventing the bandits from gaining access to the university hostels.

The governor stressed that nothing will be spared to bring back the students and to prevent a repeat of such unfortunate attack on the university campus and elsewhere in the state.
(vitalnewsngr.com)

Tags: abductCUSTECHOdodostudents
Previous Post

Tinubu Confers GCON On Awujale @ 90

Next Post

Kogi Confirms Rescue Of Some Abducted Students Of CUSTECH

Vital News

Vital News

RelatedStories

Terrorists Invade CRIN, Abduct Four Cocoa Farmers In Ibadan
Security

Fresh Tragedy As Soldiers, Amotekun Operatives, Local Hunters On Mission To Rescue Oyo Teachers, Pupils Are Killed By Explosives Planted By Kidnappers

May 18, 2026
Security

Oyo Schools Attack : Terrorists Release Video Of Abducted Principal Begging Tinubu, Makinde, CAN, Well Meaning Nigerians For Help

May 17, 2026
Man Kills Three Siblings In Ondo
Security

Police Confirm, Mourn 17 Officers Killed By Terrorists In Yobe

May 17, 2026
Army confirms Death Of Youth Corps Member During Gun Duel With Armed Robbers In Abuja
National

DHQ Says No Ambiguity In Identity Of Abu-Bilal Al-Minuki, Top Terrorist Commander Killed In Joint Operation

May 17, 2026
Terrorists Invade CRIN, Abduct Four Cocoa Farmers In Ibadan
Security

Abductors Of Pupils, Teachers Of Oyo Schools Trapped In National Park, Government Says, Confirms Killing Of Teacher, Motorcyclist

May 16, 2026
Next Post
Gunmen Abduct 9 Students From Kogi State University

Kogi Confirms Rescue Of Some Abducted Students Of CUSTECH

First Batch Of 283 Pilgrims Arrive Saudi Arabia For 2024 Hajj

2024 Hajj Exercise Commences As NAHCON 43- Member Advance Team Leaves For Saudi Arabia

Shooting Stars’ Coach Gbenga Ogunbote Emerges LBA Manager of the Month

Shooting Stars' Coach Gbenga Ogunbote Emerges LBA Manager of the Month

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow Us

Recommended

EFCC Heads To Appeal Court Over Rulling, Discharging, Acquitting Fayose Of N6.9 billion Corruption Case

EFCC Heads To Appeal Court Over Rulling, Discharging, Acquitting Fayose Of N6.9 billion Corruption Case

10 months ago
AU Condemns Coup Attempt In Republic Of Benin

AU Condemns Coup Attempt In Republic Of Benin

5 months ago

TETfund executes 10,000 projects, trains over 30,000 staff in higher institutions

4 years ago

FG suspends Ahmed Idris, Accountant -General of the Federation

4 years ago

Instagram

    Please install/update and activate JNews Instagram plugin.

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

Topics

Abiodun Abuja APC arrest Atiku Bandits Bello Benue Buhari CBN cement Court Dangote death dies drugs Economy EFCC Election FG Hajj INEC Kano kidnap Kill Kogi Kwara Lagos NDLEA Niger Nigeria Ododo Ogun Oyo PDP Police Power refinery rescue road Security Senate students Tinubu US
No Result
View All Result

Highlights

DSS Cybercrime Case : Court Grants El-Rufai N100mln Bail

EFCC Targets N123bln Cash Recovery From Six Ex-Ministers, Malami, Ngige, Sirika, Sylva, Mamman, Sadiya Umar-Farouq

2026 World Communications Day : Bishop Warns Against AI Abuse, Calls for Protection of Human Dignity

Dangote Raises Investment In Ethiopia To $4billion, Plans Massive Investment In Fertiliser Plants To Ensure Africa’s Food Security

NDLEA Raids Lagos Courier Company, Recovers UK, Australia-bound Cocaine, Opioid Consignments

Smart Adeyemi Withdraws From Kogi West Senate Race, Says Party’s Interest Above Individual’s Ambition

Trending

Terrorists Invade CRIN, Abduct Four Cocoa Farmers In Ibadan
Security

Fresh Tragedy As Soldiers, Amotekun Operatives, Local Hunters On Mission To Rescue Oyo Teachers, Pupils Are Killed By Explosives Planted By Kidnappers

by Vital News
May 18, 2026
0

Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has sympathized with the families of soldiers, Amotekun operatives and local...

APC Disqualifies 47 Aspirants From Participating In Senatorial Primaries

APC Disqualifies 47 Aspirants From Participating In Senatorial Primaries

May 18, 2026
APC Announces Isiaka, Osoba, Others Winners Of House Of Representatives Primaries In Ogun

APC Announces Isiaka, Osoba, Others Winners Of House Of Representatives Primaries In Ogun

May 18, 2026
Details : Ex-Gov. El-Rufai Faces ICPC Charges Over ₦4.61bln CCTV Deal, $22.47mln Contracts, ₦11bln Light Rail Scam, Others

DSS Cybercrime Case : Court Grants El-Rufai N100mln Bail

May 18, 2026
EFCC Moves Against Growing Use Of Dollars In Local Transactions, Illegal Mining

EFCC Targets N123bln Cash Recovery From Six Ex-Ministers, Malami, Ngige, Sirika, Sylva, Mamman, Sadiya Umar-Farouq

May 18, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Vital News

Vital News is an online newspaper with a mission to uphold professional journalism by reporting and publishing only facts and figures-based news reports across Nigeria and beyond.

Recent News

  • Fresh Tragedy As Soldiers, Amotekun Operatives, Local Hunters On Mission To Rescue Oyo Teachers, Pupils Are Killed By Explosives Planted By Kidnappers May 18, 2026
  • APC Disqualifies 47 Aspirants From Participating In Senatorial Primaries May 18, 2026
  • APC Announces Isiaka, Osoba, Others Winners Of House Of Representatives Primaries In Ogun May 18, 2026

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

© 2022 Vital News - . All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security

© 2022 Vital News - Vital News by Vital News.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In