• About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Thursday, May 21, 2026
  • Login
Vital News
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
Vital News
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Borno Security : Gov. Zulum Meets With Chief Of Army Staff, Says The Worst Is Over

Vital News by Vital News
November 19, 2025
in News, Security
0
Borno Security : Gov. Zulum Meets With Chief Of Army Staff, Says The Worst Is Over
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

By Bukar Bolori

Governor Babagana Zulum of Borno State, says the worst stage of the siege of the Boko Haram terrorist group is over.

Zulum, however, acknowledged the recent surge in attacks of Boko Haram terrorists in the state.

Zulum spoke in Maiduguri, Borno Stare, on Wednesday during a meeting with the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lieutenant-General Shuaibu Waidi.

Zulum, in his remarks during the meeting, explained his verdict by reflecting on the more escalated security situation the state had previously endured

RelatedStories

No Plan To Change Nigeria’s Name, Abolish Sharia In North – Presidency

Dangote Cement Gboko Rolls Out Multi-Million Naira Empowerment Programmes In Six Benue Host Communities

Nigeria Reaffirms One-China Policy, Seeks Deeper Economic Partnership With Beijing

NHRC Worries As Nigeria Records 266,787 Rights Violation Complaints In One Month

He stated that compared to the peak of the crisis years ago, the current security landscape, despite recent setbacks, shows significant improvement.

Zulum, who also called on the people of Borno State to continue offering their necessary cooperation and support to the military and other security agencies in the ongoing war against insurgency, insisted that the war against terrorism requires a collective effort and urged residents of the state to remain vigilant and provide timely intelligence to security operatives to prevent attacks and ensure a lasting return to peace in the state.

He said : “Yes, we have witnessed a series of attacks on our communities and the security forces, but the worst is over; we shall continue to collaborate and provide the needed intelligence to our security forces to bring this madness to an end.

“The frequency and scale of attacks on our communities then were overwhelming.

“Today, while we grieve any single setback, we can also see that the worst is indeed behind us.

“The trajectory is towards peace, and we are committed to sustaining it.”

The governor commiserated with the Nigerian Army over the recent tactical setbacks across the theatre, even as he praised the sacrifice and bravery of the officers and soldiers, describing them as heroes who, in some cases, pay the ultimate price for the nation’s security.

He said : “On behalf of the government and people of Borno State, I wish to reiterate that we stand with the officers and soldiers of the Nigerian Armed Forces.

“We will not take their sacrifice for granted.”

Also speaking, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Shuaibu Waidi, while giving the assurance of the Army headquarters to provide necessary logistics to the troops, commended Governor Zulum for his support to the armed forces.

He said : “I want to most sincerely, on behalf of the officers and men of the Nigerian Army, extend our appreciation to His Excellency for visiting us at a time like this. We appreciate your support in Borno.

“We have confidence in our society here in the theatre and from the Army headquarters, we will provide all the necessary resources needed to ensure they achieve their mission.”

The meeting was attended by the Acting Chief of Staff, Dr Babagana Mustapha Mallumbe, Commissioner of Information and Internal Security, Professor Usman Tar, Special Adviser on Security, Brigadier General Abdullahi Ishaq (Rtd) and other senior government officials.
(vitalnewsngr.com)

Tags: BokoBornoHaramSecurityZulum
Previous Post

Body Parts Of Missing Ogun FRSC Officer, Daughter Found In Osun Herbalist’s Home

Next Post

EFCC Arrests Female Archbishop Over Congregants’ spraying Of Naira Notes On Live Cow During Church Event

Vital News

Vital News

RelatedStories

President Tinubu Moves To Grant Debt Relief To Domestic Airlines, Scrap Ticket Charges Amid Jet A1 Crisis
National

No Plan To Change Nigeria’s Name, Abolish Sharia In North – Presidency

May 21, 2026
Dangote Cement Gboko Rolls Out Multi-Million Naira Empowerment Programmes In Six Benue Host Communities
Business

Dangote Cement Gboko Rolls Out Multi-Million Naira Empowerment Programmes In Six Benue Host Communities

May 20, 2026
Nigeria Reaffirms One-China Policy, Seeks Deeper Economic Partnership With Beijing
Foreign

Nigeria Reaffirms One-China Policy, Seeks Deeper Economic Partnership With Beijing

May 20, 2026
Rights Commission  Demands End To Killings, Urges FG To Prosecute Perpetrators
Crime

NHRC Worries As Nigeria Records 266,787 Rights Violation Complaints In One Month

May 18, 2026
Tinubu Promises Rescue Of Abducted Oyo Pupils, Teachers, Condemns Killing Of Victim
Security

Tinubu Promises Rescue Of Abducted Oyo Pupils, Teachers, Condemns Killing Of Victim

May 18, 2026
Next Post
EFCC Arrests Female Archbishop Over Congregants’ spraying Of Naira Notes On Live Cow During Church Event

EFCC Arrests Female Archbishop Over Congregants' spraying Of Naira Notes On Live Cow During Church Event

FAAC Shares N2.22 trillion August 2025 Revenue Among Federal, States, Local Governments

FAAC Shares N2.094trn October 2025 Revenue Among FG, States, LGs

Worsening Insecurity : APC Puts Off Reception In Honour Of Gov. Agbu Kefas, Other Defectors

Taraba Budgets ₦650.6bln For 2026 Fiscal Year

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow Us

Recommended

Akande-Sadipe Facilitates 14th School Project in Oluyole

Akande-Sadipe Facilitates 14th School Project in Oluyole

3 years ago
Cleric Urges Nigerians To Work In Unity

Cleric Urges Nigerians To Work In Unity

3 years ago

Buhari Nominates Lauretta Onochie As NDDC Chairman

3 years ago

32 States Have Passed Child’s Rights Act – NCRIC

4 years ago

Instagram

    Please install/update and activate JNews Instagram plugin.

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

Topics

Abiodun Abuja APC arrest Atiku Bandits Bello Benue Buhari CBN cement Court Dangote death dies drugs Economy EFCC Election FG Hajj INEC Kano kidnap Kill Kogi Kwara Lagos NDLEA Niger Nigeria Ododo Ogun Oyo PDP Police Power refinery rescue road Security Senate students Tinubu US
No Result
View All Result

Highlights

President Tinubu Appoints 39-year-old Prof. Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

Dangote Cement Gboko Rolls Out Multi-Million Naira Empowerment Programmes In Six Benue Host Communities

Fubara Announces Withdrawal From Rivers State APC Governorship Primary

Abiodun Commends Peaceful Conduct Of APC Assembly Primaries Across Ogun

Nigeria Reaffirms One-China Policy, Seeks Deeper Economic Partnership With Beijing

APC Disqualifies Ex-Minister Of Power, Adebayo Adelabu From Participating In Governorship Primary

Trending

Senator Sarafadeen Alli Emerges Oyo APC Governorship Candidate
Politics

Senator Sarafadeen Alli Emerges Oyo APC Governorship Candidate

by Vital News
May 21, 2026
0

Senator Sarafadeen Abiodun Alli, has emerged as the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in...

​NDLEA Bust Nigerian-Mexican Drug  Cartel, Recovers N480billion Meth In Ogun, Arrests Baron, 3 Mexicans, 6 Others

President Tinubu Commends Marwa, NDLEA Staff On Successful Bust Of Nigeria-Mexican Drug Ring, Seizure Of N480million Illicit Drug

May 21, 2026
President Tinubu Moves To Grant Debt Relief To Domestic Airlines, Scrap Ticket Charges Amid Jet A1 Crisis

No Plan To Change Nigeria’s Name, Abolish Sharia In North – Presidency

May 21, 2026
President Tinubu Departs Abuja On Three- Nation Tour Of France, Kenya, Rwanda May 2

President Tinubu Appoints 39-year-old Prof. Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

May 21, 2026
Dangote Cement Gboko Rolls Out Multi-Million Naira Empowerment Programmes In Six Benue Host Communities

Dangote Cement Gboko Rolls Out Multi-Million Naira Empowerment Programmes In Six Benue Host Communities

May 20, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Vital News

Vital News is an online newspaper with a mission to uphold professional journalism by reporting and publishing only facts and figures-based news reports across Nigeria and beyond.

Recent News

  • Senator Sarafadeen Alli Emerges Oyo APC Governorship Candidate May 21, 2026
  • President Tinubu Commends Marwa, NDLEA Staff On Successful Bust Of Nigeria-Mexican Drug Ring, Seizure Of N480million Illicit Drug May 21, 2026
  • No Plan To Change Nigeria’s Name, Abolish Sharia In North – Presidency May 21, 2026

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

© 2022 Vital News - . All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security

© 2022 Vital News - Vital News by Vital News.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In