• About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
  • Login
Vital News
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
Vital News
No Result
View All Result
Home Labour

PENGASSAN Dissolves NGIC, NGML Executive Councils For Failing To Stop Gas Supply To Dangote Refinery

Vital News by Vital News
October 7, 2025
in Labour, News, Oil & Gas
0
Dangote Refinery : PENGASSAN, NNPCL, NDMP, NUPRC Evade Service Of Court Order Halting Strike
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) has dissolved the branch executive councils of the Nigeria Gas Infrastructure Company Ltd (NGIC) and the NNPC Gas Marketing Limited (NGML).

The dissolution followed the “inability” of the executives to completely shut down gas supply to Dangote refinery during the association’s strike.

The development, detailed in a report seen by TheCable on Monday, is the latest on the internal crisis of PENGASSAN.

On September 28, PENGASSAN commenced a nationwide strike, asking its members to reduce gas production and supply to Dangote refinery.

In the report, the NGIC/NGML congress members appealed to the national leadership of the association to “reconsider its decision to dissolve the leadership of NGIC/NGML Branch”.

RelatedStories

NHRC Worries As Nigeria Records 266,787 Rights Violation Complaints In One Month

President Tinubu Arrives Lagos After France, Kenya, Rwanda Tour

NHRC Demands Answers As Civilian Deaths From Military Airstrikes Trigger Fresh Outrage

Association Raises Alarm As Number Of Nigerian Children In Orphanages, Motherless Homes Hits Over 14 million

They also asked the national leadership to “kindly drop the allegations of collusion and acceptance of monetary gifts from NGIC/NGML Management to prevent the shutdown.

“These allegations are serious and if continued to be spread may taint the image of the executives and calls into question their integrity,” the group said.

“If there is evidence of sabotage beyond our line of sight as a congress, to suggest that dissolution of the branch be instituted, then we appeal that fair hearing be granted to the comrades to either clear their names or be found guilty with evidence.”

The congress argued that the reward for an unsuccessful struggle should not “be dissolution, but correction and re-strategize for future success”.

The group explained that while they attempted to completely shut down the gas supply to the refinery, they were only able to close a few valves.

“It is also important to state that, at no point did the branch executives tell anyone that Dangote has been shut down 100%, they only said they have shut down some valves along the line and the inlet from OB3 to the line through Oben, and they hope the pressure will drop after few hours and Dangote will come down, all of which didn’t work out as they had expected,” the report reads.

“We note that whoever informed the national president that gas supply to Dangote refinery was cut-off had done so in haste to give good news, and impatient to wait for the outcome of the actions our comrades from NGIC took.”

The congress members said their branch leadership had done more than enough to carry out the directives of the national body, even at the risk of their own safety.

They said the leadership went as far as undertaking actions that management described as “unprecedented in the history of NGIC/NGML,” including the shutdown of facilities and damage to assets.

The group noted that the NGIC/NGML PENGASSAN had never previously shut down any customer operations during a strike action.

According to the members, the branch recorded some successes despite being constrained by the continued injection of gas “from producers to the ELPS and the heavy presence of military personnel which usually outnumber them”.

They said the actions taken by their leaders left no room for suspicion of any collusion with the NGIC management to undermine the national struggle against Dangote.

The congress members insisted that allegations of receiving incentives, conniving with management, or engaging in sabotage were baseless, unsupported by evidence, and failed to reflect the leadership’s substantial contributions to the struggle.

They warned that if such allegations and decisions persisted, it could discourage many members who had stood firmly in solidarity during the industrial action.
Source – TheCable
(vitalnewsngr.com)

Tags: dissolveexcosPengassanrefinery
Previous Post

Implement President Tinubu’s Directive On Hajj Fare Reduction In Two Days , VP Shettima Tells NAHCON

Next Post

You Acted Outside The Law, Appeal Court Tells Governor Makinde Over Dissolution Of Oyo NURTW

Vital News

Vital News

RelatedStories

Rights Commission  Demands End To Killings, Urges FG To Prosecute Perpetrators
Crime

NHRC Worries As Nigeria Records 266,787 Rights Violation Complaints In One Month

May 18, 2026
President Tinubu Departs Abuja On Three- Nation Tour Of France, Kenya, Rwanda May 2
National

President Tinubu Arrives Lagos After France, Kenya, Rwanda Tour

May 15, 2026
Rights Commission  Demands End To Killings, Urges FG To Prosecute Perpetrators
Aviation

NHRC Demands Answers As Civilian Deaths From Military Airstrikes Trigger Fresh Outrage

May 14, 2026
Association Raises Alarm As Number Of Nigerian Children In Orphanages, Motherless Homes Hits Over 14 million
News

Association Raises Alarm As Number Of Nigerian Children In Orphanages, Motherless Homes Hits Over 14 million

May 14, 2026
FG Targets Pension Funds, Capital Markets To Close Nigeria’s $2.3trillion Infrastructure Gap
National

FG Targets Pension Funds, Capital Markets To Close Nigeria’s $2.3trillion Infrastructure Gap

May 14, 2026
Next Post
Your Exit Will Not In Anyway Affects Fortune Of PDP – Makinde To Atiku

You Acted Outside The Law, Appeal Court Tells Governor Makinde Over Dissolution Of Oyo NURTW

I Am Under Intense Pressure To Contest 2027 Governorship Election In Taraba — David Kente

I Am Under Intense Pressure To Contest 2027 Governorship Election In Taraba --- David Kente

Agbamuche Becomes INEC Acting Chairman As Mahmood Yakubu Serves Out Tenure

Agbamuche Becomes INEC Acting Chairman As Mahmood Yakubu Serves Out Tenure

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow Us

Recommended

As Ogun Moves To Preserve Abeokuta-Sagamu Road  by Funmi Branco

Ogun Will Witness Unprecedented Infrastructure Development In 2024, Abiodun Assures Residents In New Year broadcast

2 years ago
Lokoja LG Chairman, Danasabe Is Dead

Lokoja LG Chairman, Danasabe Is Dead

3 years ago
Ex-NFF Chairman, Ibrahim Galadima Dies At 78

NOC’s Abu Gumel Mourns Dr Ibrahim Galadima, Ex- NFF Chairman

4 weeks ago
FG Stops Budgetary Allocations To NBA, COREN, NMA, NIPR, ICAN, NIM, NTI, MDCN, MAN, Others

FG Stops Budgetary Allocations To NBA, COREN, NMA, NIPR, ICAN, NIM, NTI, MDCN, MAN, Others

3 years ago

Instagram

    Please install/update and activate JNews Instagram plugin.

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

Topics

Abiodun Abuja APC arrest Atiku Bandits Bello Benue Buhari CBN cement Court Dangote death dies drugs Economy EFCC Election FG Hajj INEC Kano kidnap Kill Kogi Kwara Lagos NDLEA Niger Nigeria Ododo Ogun Oyo PDP Police Power refinery rescue road Security Senate students Tinubu US
No Result
View All Result

Highlights

NHRC Worries As Nigeria Records 266,787 Rights Violation Complaints In One Month

APC Declares Abiodun Winner Of Ogun East Senatorial Primary Election

EU, UNODC, ECOWAS Express Support For Nigeria’s 2026/2030 Drug Control Plan, Commend NDLEA’s Commitment, Successes

Tinubu Promises Rescue Of Abducted Oyo Pupils, Teachers, Condemns Killing Of Victim

Fresh Tragedy As Soldiers, Amotekun Operatives, Local Hunters On Mission To Rescue Oyo Teachers, Pupils Are Killed By Explosives Planted By Kidnappers

APC Disqualifies 47 Aspirants From Participating In Senatorial Primaries

Trending

President Tinubu, Osifo To Slug It Out As APC Adopts Direct Primary for 2027 Presidential Ticket
Politics

Ahead APC Primary, AbdulRazaq Endorses Yahaya Seriki As Preferred Successor As Kwara Next Governor

by Vital News
May 19, 2026
0

Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq of Kwara State has formally endorsed Ambassador Abdulfatai Yahaya Seriki (MFR) as his preferred...

Appeal Court Fixes Hearing In UI–ISI Hijab Suit For May 21

Appeal Court Fixes Hearing In UI–ISI Hijab Suit For May 21

May 19, 2026
EFCC Arrests Fleeing Former Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Over N33.8bn Fraud Conviction

EFCC Arrests Fleeing Former Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Over N33.8bn Fraud Conviction

May 19, 2026
Rights Commission  Demands End To Killings, Urges FG To Prosecute Perpetrators

NHRC Worries As Nigeria Records 266,787 Rights Violation Complaints In One Month

May 18, 2026
APC Declares Abiodun Winner Of Ogun East Senatorial Primary Election

APC Declares Abiodun Winner Of Ogun East Senatorial Primary Election

May 18, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Vital News

Vital News is an online newspaper with a mission to uphold professional journalism by reporting and publishing only facts and figures-based news reports across Nigeria and beyond.

Recent News

  • Ahead APC Primary, AbdulRazaq Endorses Yahaya Seriki As Preferred Successor As Kwara Next Governor May 19, 2026
  • Appeal Court Fixes Hearing In UI–ISI Hijab Suit For May 21 May 19, 2026
  • EFCC Arrests Fleeing Former Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Over N33.8bn Fraud Conviction May 19, 2026

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

© 2022 Vital News - . All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security

© 2022 Vital News - Vital News by Vital News.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In