• About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Thursday, May 21, 2026
  • Login
Vital News
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
Vital News
No Result
View All Result
Home Environment

Ogun Commences Palliative Work On Failed Portion of Sagamu – Ore – Benin Road

Vital News by Vital News
September 30, 2024
in Environment
0
Ogun Commences Palliative Work On Failed Portion of Sagamu – Ore – Benin Road
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Ogun State Government has commenced the reconstruction of the failed portion of the Sagamu-Ore-Benin Expresswa to address the current traffic logjam being experienced by motorists on the road.

This is coming less than 24 hours when Governor Dapo Abiodun paid an unscheduled visit to the bad portion of the road on Sunday.

He stated that as a major road linking Lagos through Ogun State to the South-East and South-South regions of the country, its deplorable condition has caused untold hardship to those plying it on a daily basis.

The governor mentioned that although , the reconstruction of the road was awarded by previous administrations, the contractors executed the project from the Benin end to the outskirts of Ijebu-Ode but could not complete it at the interchange before abandoning it due to lack of funds.

He said : “This is a federal road, and it is probably the most important road to Southern Nigeria because it evacuates traffic carrying goods and people from Lagos to Ogun State and to the South-East and South-South parts of the country; it is a major arterial road.

RelatedStories

Dangote Cement Powers Global Sustainability Innovation At A4S 2026

UK Launches Creative Fund To Strengthen Nigeria’s Film, Fashion, Music Industries

One Dead, One Missing, Several Injured As Stray Elephant Ravages Oyo Community

Tinubu Seeks Fresh $516mln Deutsche Bank Loan To Fund Sokoto–Badagry Superhighway Project

“The reconstruction of this road was awarded several years ago by previous administrations.

“However, sadly, that reconstruction was started from the Benin end of this road.

“Sadly and curiously, from what we have been told, the budget was not sufficient to allow for the completion of this road to the Sagamu Interchange.

“It stopped short of reaching Ijebu-Ode, somewhere around the outskirts of Ijebu-Ode.

“What we are seeing today is what our masses are suffering from.

“In the last three to four days, this road was totally impassable because, for some reason, there is a drainage that goes underneath this road that is meant to drain water coming from a canal.

“That drainage is completely blocked, and that is the cause of this problem.”

Governor Abiodun stated that officials from the State Ministries of Works and Environment are currently working to create another drainage that would channel water away from the road, while the bad portion has been filled with hardcore to make the road motorable.

He disclosed that he has brought the condition of the road to the attention of the Minister of Works, who has promised to look into how to award a contract for its rehabilitation or at least provide palliative measures or some sort of intervention to salvage the situation.

Governor Abiodun also mentioned that he informed President Bola Ahmed Tinubu about the need for the Federal Government to address the state of the road.

“Let me confirm to you that last week Thursday, I also brought the issue of this road to the attention of Mr. President.

“For the avoidance of doubt, let nobody think that Ogun State has not been responsive.

“Knowing fully well that the Federal Government has many critical roads to deal with, and as a responsive state government, we deployed our Ministries of Works and Environment to this site.

“What they have done is identify the immediate cause; they found out there is a construction that has blocked the drain.

“I have requested from Mr. President that the Ministry of Works can immediately award this road to a reputable contractor, and I know they are working on it.

“However, Mr. President, has also instructed me that if we do not get the attention as quickly as we want, the Ogun State government should go ahead and take ownership of this section and repair it,” he added.

Governor Abiodun promised that if within the next two days, there is no clear evidence coming from the federal government to commence serious reconstruction work, his administration would step in to take ownership of the section of the road and carry out a total reconstruction.      (vitalnewsngr.com)

Tags: OgunpalliativeroadWork
Previous Post

Zamfara Top Bandit Commander, Kachalla Mai Shayi, 12 Others Killed In Ambush

Next Post

October 1 Protest : Ogun Court Restricts Protesters to MKO Abiola Stadium, Three Other Venues

Vital News

Vital News

RelatedStories

Dangote Cement Powers Global Sustainability Innovation At A4S 2026
Business

Dangote Cement Powers Global Sustainability Innovation At A4S 2026

April 29, 2026
UK Launches Creative Fund To Strengthen Nigeria’s Film, Fashion, Music Industries
Culture

UK Launches Creative Fund To Strengthen Nigeria’s Film, Fashion, Music Industries

April 28, 2026
Man Kills Three Siblings In Ondo
Environment

One Dead, One Missing, Several Injured As Stray Elephant Ravages Oyo Community

April 24, 2026
Tinubu Seeks Fresh $516mln Deutsche Bank Loan To Fund Sokoto–Badagry Superhighway Project
Environment

Tinubu Seeks Fresh $516mln Deutsche Bank Loan To Fund Sokoto–Badagry Superhighway Project

April 23, 2026
Don Urges Massive Investment In Forest Management And Development To Tackle Insecurity, Unemployment
Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral

Don Urges Massive Investment In Forest Management And Development To Tackle Insecurity, Unemployment

April 21, 2026
Next Post
Leaders Of Transport Unions Move Against Arbitrary Fare Hike In Ogun

October 1 Protest : Ogun Court Restricts Protesters to MKO Abiola Stadium, Three Other Venues

Reps Member, Akande-Sadipe Expelled From APC Over Alleged Anti-party Activities

Reps Member, Akande-Sadipe Expelled From APC Over Alleged Anti-party Activities

Tinubu Appoints Mrs Walson – Jack As New HoS, Thanks Yemi – Esan For Stewardship

TEXT OF NATIONAL BROADCAST BY PRESIDENT BOLA AHMED TINUBU ON THE 64TH INDEPENDENCE ANNIVERSARY OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA OCTOBER 1, 2024

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow Us

Recommended

FG Cancels Independence Anniversary Parade

FG Moves To Strengthen National Policy On Drought And Desertification

4 months ago
VP shettima, Lokpobiri, Ribadu, Kyari Meet Over Petrol Price Fixing, Scarcity

NNPCL Says Price From Dangote Refinery Is N898 Per Litre And Not N760 Per Litre

2 years ago
NEPC Sensitises MSMEs On Benefits Of AFCFTA

NEPC Sensitises MSMEs On Benefits Of AFCFTA

3 years ago
NLC Directs Workers To Picket NERC, DISCOs Offices May 13 Over Hike In Electricity Tariffs

NLC Directs Workers To Picket NERC, DISCOs Offices May 13 Over Hike In Electricity Tariffs

2 years ago

Instagram

    Please install/update and activate JNews Instagram plugin.

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

Topics

Abiodun Abuja APC arrest Atiku Bandits Bello Benue Buhari CBN cement Court Dangote death dies drugs Economy EFCC Election FG Hajj INEC Kano kidnap Kill Kogi Kwara Lagos NDLEA Niger Nigeria Ododo Ogun Oyo PDP Police Power refinery rescue road Security Senate students Tinubu US
No Result
View All Result

Highlights

Dangote Cement Gboko Rolls Out Multi-Million Naira Empowerment Programmes In Six Benue Host Communities

Fubara Announces Withdrawal From Rivers State APC Governorship Primary

Abiodun Commends Peaceful Conduct Of APC Assembly Primaries Across Ogun

Nigeria Reaffirms One-China Policy, Seeks Deeper Economic Partnership With Beijing

APC Disqualifies Ex-Minister Of Power, Adebayo Adelabu From Participating In Governorship Primary

​NDLEA Bust Nigerian-Mexican Drug Cartel, Recovers N480billion Meth In Ogun, Arrests Baron, 3 Mexicans, 6 Others

Trending

​NDLEA Bust Nigerian-Mexican Drug  Cartel, Recovers N480billion Meth In Ogun, Arrests Baron, 3 Mexicans, 6 Others
Crime

President Tinubu Commends Marwa, NDLEA Staff On Successful Bust Of Nigeria-Mexican Drug Ring, Seizure Of N480million Illicit Drug

by Vital News
May 21, 2026
0

President Bola Tinubu has congratulated the Chairman and the entire staff of the National Drug Law Enforcement...

President Tinubu Moves To Grant Debt Relief To Domestic Airlines, Scrap Ticket Charges Amid Jet A1 Crisis

No Plan To Change Nigeria’s Name, Abolish Sharia In North – Presidency

May 21, 2026
President Tinubu Departs Abuja On Three- Nation Tour Of France, Kenya, Rwanda May 2

President Tinubu Appoints 39-year-old Prof. Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

May 21, 2026
Dangote Cement Gboko Rolls Out Multi-Million Naira Empowerment Programmes In Six Benue Host Communities

Dangote Cement Gboko Rolls Out Multi-Million Naira Empowerment Programmes In Six Benue Host Communities

May 20, 2026
Fubara Announces Withdrawal From Rivers State APC Governorship Primary

Fubara Announces Withdrawal From Rivers State APC Governorship Primary

May 20, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Vital News

Vital News is an online newspaper with a mission to uphold professional journalism by reporting and publishing only facts and figures-based news reports across Nigeria and beyond.

Recent News

  • President Tinubu Commends Marwa, NDLEA Staff On Successful Bust Of Nigeria-Mexican Drug Ring, Seizure Of N480million Illicit Drug May 21, 2026
  • No Plan To Change Nigeria’s Name, Abolish Sharia In North – Presidency May 21, 2026
  • President Tinubu Appoints 39-year-old Prof. Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar May 21, 2026

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

© 2022 Vital News - . All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security

© 2022 Vital News - Vital News by Vital News.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In