• About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Saturday, November 29, 2025
  • Login
Vital News
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
Vital News
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Building Collapse : Mutfwang Visits Saint Academy, Declares 3-Day Mourning Period In Honour Of Victims

Vital News by Vital News
July 13, 2024
in News
0
Building Collapse : Mutfwang Visits Saint Academy, Declares 3-Day Mourning Period In Honour Of  Victims
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Governor Caleb Mutfwang of Plateau State on Saturday visited Saint Academy in Jos which school building collapsed on students writing examination on Friday, July 12.

Mutfwang during the visit extended his condolences to families affected by the incident and declared a three – day mourning period in honour of the 22 pupils and teachers that died in the incident.

The Plateau State government had earlier declared 22 lives were lost and 132 others sustained injuries in the incident that occurred in the school located at Busa Buji, Jos North Local Government Area of the state.

The state government also ordered that all flags within the state be flown at half-mast during the three-day mourning, starting from today, July 13 to July 15 in honour of the victims.

This was made known in a statement signed by the Plateau State Commissioner for Information, Musa Ashoms, on Saturday.

RelatedStories

Governor Ododo, ODA Meet On Security Challenges In Okunland

President Tinubu Establishes Committee To Implement New Tax Reforms, Appoints Tegbe As Chairman

Tinubu Wins Big In Nigeria-U.S. Diplomatic Rapprochement – TDF

Ogun Closes Seven Battery Recycling Plants In Ogijo, Suspends Lead Ingot Exports

Governor Caleb Mutfwang, who visited the school on Saturday, extended his condolences to families affected by the incident.

He urged citizens to strictly follow building codes and ethics to prevent such tragedies.

“We offer our deepest sympathies and unwavering support to those affected during this incredibly difficult time.

“We are dedicated to providing the best possible medical care for the injured and will conduct a thorough investigation to determine the cause of the collapse.

“The safety and well-being of our citizens, especially our children, is our top priority.

“We urge all schools to comply with safety regulations and secure the necessary approvals from the JMDB before beginning any construction projects.”

Muftwang has also announced immediate closure of Saint Academy School and ordered full investigation into the building collapse.

“It is unfortunate what has happened but of course what it means is that this school is closed down immediately.

“We can’t take any further chances and we need to send this message particularly to owners of private schools.

“The motive for profit must not overshadow the safety of lives.

“And so we are going to take steps immediately to do a technical audit of all the schools, we are going to test their structural integrity to ensure that human beings can inhabit such buildings,” the governor said.

Meanwhile, no fewer than 81 victims of the school building collapse in Jos, have been discharged from the various hospitals they were admitted to.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), reports that the Saints Academy, a secondary and primary school in Jos, collapsed on Friday, while students were writing their third term examination.

Dr Abel Izang, the Chairman, Medical Advisory Committee (CMAC), of Plateau Specialist Hospital, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday in Jos.

Izang said that out of the 39 patients hospitalised on Friday, 23 had been discharged, while two were referred to the Jos University Teaching Hospital (JUTH), due to spinal injuries.

Izang further said that the five patients who were still on admission, were in a stable condition.

Similarly, Prof. Steve Anzaku, the Chief Medical Director (CMD), of Bingham University Teaching Hospital, said that out of the 55 hospitalised, 23 were discharged and those on admission were in a stable condition .

Mrs Chioma Ofodille, the Public Relations Officer of Our Lady of Apostles (OLA) Hospital, said 23 out of the 32 patients brought to the facility, had been discharged, while the remaining nine were also from the in stable condition.

Dr Josiah Njem, the Chairman, Medical Advisory Committee (CMAC), of the Jos University Teaching Hospital (JUTH), told NAN that the six victims of the collapsed building, hospitalised in the hospital with various injuries were in stable condition.

NAN reports that no further casualty had been recorded from the four hospitals that treated the victims.

Mr Musa Ashoms, the state Commissioner for Information and Communications, on Friday confirmed that 154 people were brought out of the debris of the collapsed building.

Sadly, 22 were confirmed dead by Ashoms, who also disclosed that six were in critical condition.
(vitalnewsngr.com)

Tags: academyJosperiodvictims
Previous Post

Abiodun Celebrates Wole Soyinka @ 90, Describes Him As Global Ambassador Of Nigeria

Next Post

Fire Razes Gidan Rumfa, Emir Sanusi’s Palace In Kano

Vital News

Vital News

RelatedStories

Governor Ododo, ODA Meet On Security Challenges In Okunland
News

Governor Ododo, ODA Meet On Security Challenges In Okunland

November 28, 2025
65th Independence Anniversary : President Tinubu To Address Nigerians
Economy

President Tinubu Establishes Committee To Implement New Tax Reforms, Appoints Tegbe As Chairman

November 28, 2025
Insecurity :  President Tinubu Approves Membership For US-Nigeria Working Group
News

Tinubu Wins Big In Nigeria-U.S. Diplomatic Rapprochement – TDF

November 28, 2025
Ogun Closes Seven Battery Recycling Plants In Ogijo, Suspends Lead Ingot Exports
Environment

Ogun Closes Seven Battery Recycling Plants In Ogijo, Suspends Lead Ingot Exports

November 28, 2025
Insecurity :  President Tinubu Approves Membership For US-Nigeria Working Group
National

Insecurity : President Tinubu Approves Membership For US-Nigeria Working Group

November 27, 2025
Next Post
Fire Razes Gidan Rumfa, Emir Sanusi’s Palace In Kano

Fire Razes Gidan Rumfa, Emir Sanusi’s Palace In Kano

Go After Terrorists, Restructure Nigeria Now – Afenifere Urges Tinubu

Tinubu Appoints Oloworaran New DG Of PenCom , Idris Ajimobi, SSA On Livestock Development

Tinubu Picks Senator Lado Mohammed As Special Adviser On Senate Matters

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow Us

Recommended

Don’t Use Tinubu Reforms As An Excuse For Your Poor Performance – TMSG Tells Bauchi Governor

Stop Inciting Bauchi People Against FG, Focus On Making Life Better For Them – TSF To Gov. Mohammed

11 months ago
Tinubu Advised To Expedite Enactment Of Digital Economy, e-Governance Bill 2024, Receives Report From NIPSS

TMSG Welcomes Chatham House Stance On Nigeria’s Economy

9 months ago

Nweke, American trained Doctor jailed 27yrs for fraud

3 years ago
Floods Submerge Suleja Prison In Niger State, 119 Inmates Escape

Floods Submerge Suleja Prison In Niger State, 119 Inmates Escape

2 years ago

Instagram

    Please install/update and activate JNews Instagram plugin.

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

Topics

Abiodun Abuja APC arrest Atiku Bandits Bello Benue Buhari CBN cement Court Dangote death dies drugs Economy EFCC Election FG gunmen Hajj INEC Kano kidnap Kill Kogi Kwara Lagos NDLEA Niger Nigeria Ododo Ogun Oyo PDP Police Power refinery rescue road Security students Tinubu US
No Result
View All Result

Highlights

Tinubu Wins Big In Nigeria-U.S. Diplomatic Rapprochement – TDF

Ogun Closes Seven Battery Recycling Plants In Ogijo, Suspends Lead Ingot Exports

Mimiko Urges Greater Public Investment In Health, Education.

AFAN Leadership Crisis Assumes New Dimension As ARC. Kabiru Ibrahim, Exco Members Face Fresh Investigation For Breaching Court Order

Insecurity : President Tinubu Approves Membership For US-Nigeria Working Group

Police Recall Officers Attached To Atiku, Wike, CJN, Aisha Buhari, Redeploy 11,500 To Underserved Communities

Trending

Governor Ododo, ODA Meet On Security Challenges In Okunland
News

Governor Ododo, ODA Meet On Security Challenges In Okunland

by Vital News
November 28, 2025
0

By Abah Benjamin Eneojoh Governor Ahmed Usman Ododo, has reiterated his commitment to tackling insecurity, mineral exploitation,...

65th Independence Anniversary : President Tinubu To Address Nigerians

President Tinubu Establishes Committee To Implement New Tax Reforms, Appoints Tegbe As Chairman

November 28, 2025
Mimiko Canvasses Massive Investment In Health, Education To Boost Nigeria’s Development

Mimiko Canvasses Massive Investment In Health, Education To Boost Nigeria’s Development

November 28, 2025
Insecurity :  President Tinubu Approves Membership For US-Nigeria Working Group

Tinubu Wins Big In Nigeria-U.S. Diplomatic Rapprochement – TDF

November 28, 2025
Ogun Closes Seven Battery Recycling Plants In Ogijo, Suspends Lead Ingot Exports

Ogun Closes Seven Battery Recycling Plants In Ogijo, Suspends Lead Ingot Exports

November 28, 2025
ADVERTISEMENT
Vital News

Vital News is an online newspaper with a mission to uphold professional journalism by reporting and publishing only facts and figures-based news reports across Nigeria and beyond.

Recent News

  • Governor Ododo, ODA Meet On Security Challenges In Okunland November 28, 2025
  • President Tinubu Establishes Committee To Implement New Tax Reforms, Appoints Tegbe As Chairman November 28, 2025
  • Mimiko Canvasses Massive Investment In Health, Education To Boost Nigeria’s Development November 28, 2025

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

© 2022 Vital News - . All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security

© 2022 Vital News - Vital News by Vital News.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In