• About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Friday, May 22, 2026
  • Login
Vital News
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
Vital News
No Result
View All Result
Home Security

Bandits Kill 37 Persons, Burn Over 100 Houses In Kaduna

..Attacks Inhuman, Gov. el-Rufai says as he commiserates with victims

Vital News by Vital News
December 19, 2022
in Security
0
Bandits Kill 37 Persons, Burn Over 100 Houses In Kaduna
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Kaduna – No fewer than 37 people have been reportedly killed by bandits during fresh attacks in the Kaura Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

The attacks took place separately on Sunday night at Malagum 1 and Sokwong communities of Kagoro Chiefdom in the Kaura Local Government Area of the state.

Although, the police authorities are yet to confirm the incident, the Speaker of Kaura Local Government Legislative Council, Chairman of Kauru Local Government Area, Hon Atuk Stephen, said the bandits carried out the coordinated attacks in the communities at about 11 pm on Sunday where they killed 37 people.

He also said that the bandits burnt down over 100 houses and destroyed many vehicles and motorcycles during the attack.

According to him, all houses in the Sokwong community were completely razed down by the bandits while the entire area has been deserted.

RelatedStories

Tinubu Promises Rescue Of Abducted Oyo Pupils, Teachers, Condemns Killing Of Victim

Fresh Tragedy As Soldiers, Amotekun Operatives, Local Hunters On Mission To Rescue Oyo Teachers, Pupils Are Killed By Explosives Planted By Kidnappers

Oyo Schools Attack : Terrorists Release Video Of Abducted Principal Begging Tinubu, Makinde, CAN, Well Meaning Nigerians For Help

Police Confirm, Mourn 17 Officers Killed By Terrorists In Yobe

In his reaction ,
Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State condemned the attacks on the two communities in the Kaura Local Government Area of the state.

In a statement by his Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, the governor described the attacks as inhuman, considering the efforts of the government, security forces, the traditional institution and other critical stakeholders within the last week.

He also condoled the people of Malagum and Sokwong communities where attacks occurred, and prayed for the repose of the souls of those killed.

The military and other security agencies reported that bandits attacked the locations and killed several citizens while burning houses and other property.

El-Rufai expressed deep sadness at the report of the incident and prayed for the repose of the souls of those killed, while offering condolences to their families.

He also directed the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) to urgently provide relief materials to the communities, adding that an urgent security intervention is being conducted by the Defence Headquarters Operation Safe Haven.

Tags: Banditsel-RufaiinhumanKill
Previous Post

Police Kill 12 Terrorists During Gun Battle In Bauchi

Next Post

I’ve Written My Story, Karim Benzema Says As He Retires From International Football

Vital News

Vital News

RelatedStories

Tinubu Promises Rescue Of Abducted Oyo Pupils, Teachers, Condemns Killing Of Victim
Security

Tinubu Promises Rescue Of Abducted Oyo Pupils, Teachers, Condemns Killing Of Victim

May 18, 2026
Terrorists Invade CRIN, Abduct Four Cocoa Farmers In Ibadan
Security

Fresh Tragedy As Soldiers, Amotekun Operatives, Local Hunters On Mission To Rescue Oyo Teachers, Pupils Are Killed By Explosives Planted By Kidnappers

May 18, 2026
Security

Oyo Schools Attack : Terrorists Release Video Of Abducted Principal Begging Tinubu, Makinde, CAN, Well Meaning Nigerians For Help

May 17, 2026
Man Kills Three Siblings In Ondo
Security

Police Confirm, Mourn 17 Officers Killed By Terrorists In Yobe

May 17, 2026
Army confirms Death Of Youth Corps Member During Gun Duel With Armed Robbers In Abuja
National

DHQ Says No Ambiguity In Identity Of Abu-Bilal Al-Minuki, Top Terrorist Commander Killed In Joint Operation

May 17, 2026
Next Post
I’ve Written My Story, Karim Benzema Says As He Retires From International Football

I’ve Written My Story, Karim Benzema Says As He Retires From International Football

Bandits Kidnap 807 ECWA Church Members In Kaduna – Rev. Maigida

Terrorists Ambush Troops In Zamfara , Scores Killed

NBS Says N625.39bln Generated From VAT In Q3

NBS Says N625.39bln Generated From VAT In Q3

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow Us

Recommended

Sex Workers Drag Ondo Man To Court For Paying With Fake Alert

Sex Workers Drag Ondo Man To Court For Paying With Fake Alert

3 years ago

Ogun Pays N70bln Pension, Gratuities, Increases Quarterly Arrears Payment To N600mln

4 years ago
Three-year-old Female Child Missing In Ekiti Farm Settlement

Three-year-old Female Child Missing In Ekiti Farm Settlement

5 months ago

Gunmen Attack Police Station In Oyo, Kill DCO, One Suspect In Custody

4 years ago

Instagram

    Please install/update and activate JNews Instagram plugin.

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

Topics

Abiodun Abuja APC arrest Atiku Bandits Bello Benue Buhari CBN cement Court Dangote death dies drugs Economy EFCC Election FG Hajj INEC Kano kidnap Kill Kogi Kwara Lagos NDLEA Niger Nigeria Ododo Ogun Oyo PDP Police Power refinery rescue road Security Senate students Tinubu US
No Result
View All Result

Highlights

President Tinubu Appoints 39-year-old Prof. Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

Dangote Cement Gboko Rolls Out Multi-Million Naira Empowerment Programmes In Six Benue Host Communities

Fubara Announces Withdrawal From Rivers State APC Governorship Primary

Abiodun Commends Peaceful Conduct Of APC Assembly Primaries Across Ogun

Nigeria Reaffirms One-China Policy, Seeks Deeper Economic Partnership With Beijing

APC Disqualifies Ex-Minister Of Power, Adebayo Adelabu From Participating In Governorship Primary

Trending

Senator Sarafadeen Alli Emerges Oyo APC Governorship Candidate
Politics

Senator Sarafadeen Alli Emerges Oyo APC Governorship Candidate

by Vital News
May 21, 2026
0

Senator Sarafadeen Abiodun Alli, has emerged as the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in...

​NDLEA Bust Nigerian-Mexican Drug  Cartel, Recovers N480billion Meth In Ogun, Arrests Baron, 3 Mexicans, 6 Others

President Tinubu Commends Marwa, NDLEA Staff On Successful Bust Of Nigeria-Mexican Drug Ring, Seizure Of N480million Illicit Drug

May 21, 2026
President Tinubu Moves To Grant Debt Relief To Domestic Airlines, Scrap Ticket Charges Amid Jet A1 Crisis

No Plan To Change Nigeria’s Name, Abolish Sharia In North – Presidency

May 21, 2026
President Tinubu Departs Abuja On Three- Nation Tour Of France, Kenya, Rwanda May 2

President Tinubu Appoints 39-year-old Prof. Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

May 21, 2026
Dangote Cement Gboko Rolls Out Multi-Million Naira Empowerment Programmes In Six Benue Host Communities

Dangote Cement Gboko Rolls Out Multi-Million Naira Empowerment Programmes In Six Benue Host Communities

May 20, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Vital News

Vital News is an online newspaper with a mission to uphold professional journalism by reporting and publishing only facts and figures-based news reports across Nigeria and beyond.

Recent News

  • Senator Sarafadeen Alli Emerges Oyo APC Governorship Candidate May 21, 2026
  • President Tinubu Commends Marwa, NDLEA Staff On Successful Bust Of Nigeria-Mexican Drug Ring, Seizure Of N480million Illicit Drug May 21, 2026
  • No Plan To Change Nigeria’s Name, Abolish Sharia In North – Presidency May 21, 2026

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

© 2022 Vital News - . All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security

© 2022 Vital News - Vital News by Vital News.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In