• About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Saturday, May 23, 2026
  • Login
Vital News
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
Vital News
No Result
View All Result
Home Security

Owo Catholic Church attack : Lagos, Ogun, Kwara donate N75 million to victims

Vital News by Vital News
June 14, 2022
in Security
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Akure – Lagos, Ogun and Kwara States have jointly donated N75 million to the victims of the June 5 gunmen attack on St Francis Catholic Church, Owo, Ondo State.

The donation was made on Tuesday in Akure when the governors of the states paid a condolence visit to their Ondo State counterpart, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu.

Governors Babajide Sanwo-Olu , Lagos, Dapo Abiodun, Ogun and Abdul-Rahman Abdulrazak, Kwara announced a donation of N25 million each on behalf of their states during the visit.

vitalnews he.com reports that the yet to be identified masked gunmen killed 40 worshippers during the attack on the church.

All the dead victims, including women and children will be buried on Friday, June 17 in Owo, Ondo State

RelatedStories

Tinubu Promises Rescue Of Abducted Oyo Pupils, Teachers, Condemns Killing Of Victim

Fresh Tragedy As Soldiers, Amotekun Operatives, Local Hunters On Mission To Rescue Oyo Teachers, Pupils Are Killed By Explosives Planted By Kidnappers

Oyo Schools Attack : Terrorists Release Video Of Abducted Principal Begging Tinubu, Makinde, CAN, Well Meaning Nigerians For Help

Police Confirm, Mourn 17 Officers Killed By Terrorists In Yobe

While making the donation, Governor Abiodun announced a donation of N25 million each on behalf of the three states, totaling N75 million to the victims.

Abiodun also on behalf of his colleagues sympathised with Akeredolu and the people of Owo and Ondo State at large, as well as families and the injured victims of the ugly attack.

“We find the attack, not just an attack on the good people of Owo and Ondo State but the entire people of the South-West.

“My brothers and I, have decided to support the good people of Owo with a token sum of N25 million each, totaling N75 million. We indeed pray that such incident like this will never reoccur,” he said.

Speaking to journalists after the visit, Sanwo-Olu condemned the attacks on worshippers, saying South-West governors will continue to strengthen internal collaboration and security within the region.

“We had South-West Governors meeting last week and few steps have been taken. First is that we have agreed to have three days mourning period and flags are being flown at half-mast.

“We have taken steps to strengthen and further reinforce the security architecture in the South-West; of course including things around transportation.

“Indeed all of us have condemned the unfortunate, totally unwarranted killings. It is a completely dehumanising incident that should not be happening in the modern age. The act is condemnable and we condemn it in the strongest terms.

“We offer prayers and condolences to families that the incident affected and the entire people of Owo and indeed by extension Ondo State,” Sanwo-Olu said.

Responding, Akeredolu appreciated the governors for the condolence visit, noting that his brother governors in South-West and other parts of the country have been in touch with him and have been sympathising with the people of Ondo State since the incident.

Akeredolu, who is the Chairman of the South-West Governors’ Forum, also reiterated the commitment of the governors to the protection of lives and properties of the people in the zone. (vitalnewsngr.com)

Tags: churchdonationowovictims
Previous Post

Tinubu, Osinbajo expected as Yoruba World Centre celebrates Olubadan

Next Post

Kogi court jails man over Facebook post on malaria fever

Vital News

Vital News

RelatedStories

Tinubu Promises Rescue Of Abducted Oyo Pupils, Teachers, Condemns Killing Of Victim
Security

Tinubu Promises Rescue Of Abducted Oyo Pupils, Teachers, Condemns Killing Of Victim

May 18, 2026
Terrorists Invade CRIN, Abduct Four Cocoa Farmers In Ibadan
Security

Fresh Tragedy As Soldiers, Amotekun Operatives, Local Hunters On Mission To Rescue Oyo Teachers, Pupils Are Killed By Explosives Planted By Kidnappers

May 18, 2026
Security

Oyo Schools Attack : Terrorists Release Video Of Abducted Principal Begging Tinubu, Makinde, CAN, Well Meaning Nigerians For Help

May 17, 2026
Man Kills Three Siblings In Ondo
Security

Police Confirm, Mourn 17 Officers Killed By Terrorists In Yobe

May 17, 2026
Army confirms Death Of Youth Corps Member During Gun Duel With Armed Robbers In Abuja
National

DHQ Says No Ambiguity In Identity Of Abu-Bilal Al-Minuki, Top Terrorist Commander Killed In Joint Operation

May 17, 2026
Next Post

Kogi court jails man over Facebook post on malaria fever

PDP raises 11-member Committee to screen, pick Vice Presidential Candidate

Stakeholders rate Dangote Cement best in Africa 

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow Us

Recommended

FG Stops Budgetary Allocations To NBA, COREN, NMA, NIPR, ICAN, NIM, NTI, MDCN, MAN, Others

FG Stops Budgetary Allocations To NBA, COREN, NMA, NIPR, ICAN, NIM, NTI, MDCN, MAN, Others

3 years ago
Dangote Refinery : PENGASSAN, NNPCL, NDMP, NUPRC Evade Service Of Court Order Halting Strike

Dangote Refinery : PENGASSAN, NNPCL, NDMP, NUPRC Evade Service Of Court Order Halting Strike

8 months ago
How Kayode Egbetokun Resigned As IG-P Shortly After A Meeting With President Tinubu

How Kayode Egbetokun Resigned As IG-P Shortly After A Meeting With President Tinubu

3 months ago
Atiku Will Privatise Nigeria Into His Pocket – Tinubu

Atiku Will Privatise Nigeria Into His Pocket – Tinubu

3 years ago

Instagram

    Please install/update and activate JNews Instagram plugin.

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

Topics

Abiodun Abuja APC arrest Atiku Bandits Bello Benue Buhari CBN cement Court Dangote death dies drugs Economy EFCC Election FG Hajj INEC Kano kidnap Kill Kogi Kwara Lagos NDLEA Niger Nigeria Ododo Ogun Oyo PDP Police Power refinery rescue road Security Senate students Tinubu US
No Result
View All Result

Highlights

Senator Sarafadeen Alli Emerges Oyo APC Governorship Candidate

President Tinubu Commends Marwa, NDLEA Staff On Successful Bust Of Nigeria-Mexican Drug Ring, Seizure Of N480million Illicit Drug

No Plan To Change Nigeria’s Name, Abolish Sharia In North – Presidency

President Tinubu Appoints 39-year-old Prof. Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

Dangote Cement Gboko Rolls Out Multi-Million Naira Empowerment Programmes In Six Benue Host Communities

Fubara Announces Withdrawal From Rivers State APC Governorship Primary

Trending

NDLEA Floats FM Radio To Counter Toxic POP-Culture Glamourising Drug Abuse
Crime

NDLEA Floats FM Radio To Counter Toxic POP-Culture Glamourising Drug Abuse

by Vital News
May 22, 2026
0

The Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), retired Brig.- Gen. Mohamed Buba...

Ogun Appoints Olanrewaju Saka As New Head Of Service

Ogun Appoints Olanrewaju Saka As New Head Of Service

May 22, 2026
Assembly Speaker, Danladi, Emerges APC Governorship Candidate In Kwara State

Assembly Speaker, Danladi, Emerges APC Governorship Candidate In Kwara State

May 22, 2026
Senator Sarafadeen Alli Emerges Oyo APC Governorship Candidate

Senator Sarafadeen Alli Emerges Oyo APC Governorship Candidate

May 21, 2026
​NDLEA Bust Nigerian-Mexican Drug  Cartel, Recovers N480billion Meth In Ogun, Arrests Baron, 3 Mexicans, 6 Others

President Tinubu Commends Marwa, NDLEA Staff On Successful Bust Of Nigeria-Mexican Drug Ring, Seizure Of N480million Illicit Drug

May 21, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Vital News

Vital News is an online newspaper with a mission to uphold professional journalism by reporting and publishing only facts and figures-based news reports across Nigeria and beyond.

Recent News

  • NDLEA Floats FM Radio To Counter Toxic POP-Culture Glamourising Drug Abuse May 22, 2026
  • Ogun Appoints Olanrewaju Saka As New Head Of Service May 22, 2026
  • Assembly Speaker, Danladi, Emerges APC Governorship Candidate In Kwara State May 22, 2026

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

© 2022 Vital News - . All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security

© 2022 Vital News - Vital News by Vital News.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In