• About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Monday, August 17, 2026
  • Login
Vital News
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
Vital News
No Result
View All Result
Home Education

30,000 Students Benefit From Ongoing Ogun Educash Transfer – Commissioner

Vital News by Vital News
March 28, 2024
in Education
0
Ogun Govt Disowns Online Cash Palliative Message
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Ogun State Government says no fewer than 20,000 students in tertiary institutions across the country have so far benefited from the ongoing Educash transfer of N50,000 to cushion the effect of the current economic crisis.

In the same vein, 10,000 indigent students in both primary and secondary schools across the state have also benefitted from the N10,000 cash transfer.

This was disclosed by the Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, Prof Abayomi Arigbabu, after monitoring the cash transfer to public primary and secondary schools at the Ogun West Senatorial District on Wednesday.

According to the commissioner, by the end of next week, more students would have benefited from the gesture at both the tertiary and secondary/primary levels.

He promised that all students captured would be paid.

RelatedStories

Julitola International Schools Records 100pct Pass Rate In 2026 WASSCE-CBE

President Tinubu Approves Absorption Of 3,252 PTA Teachers In FGCs Into Federal Civil Service

Dangote Cement Deepens Education Support In Kogi

‎ANA Kogi Sets October For Yusuf Ali Literary Contest, Intensifies Convention Preparations

He said : “I can tell you that for the one of the tertiary institutions, we have done 20,000 as at today, and the total for the tertiary institution beneficiaries is a little bit less than 50,000.

“Hopefully, by the end of next week, we will have reached half of that, which is about 25,000 beneficiaries.

“I want to assure those who have not received theirs, for instance, Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), a list of a little bit over 12,000 was sent to us.

“As we speak now, we have paid just a little less than 6,000. The same thing at Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED), where we have a little bit less than 8,000.

” We have tried to make sure we are targeting between the range of 45% to 50% in all the schools.”

Arigbabu also said that the state government would not entertain cash payment during the ongoing exercise to students in public primary and secondary schools.

He noted that the government would still avail any parent without a bank account an opportunity to do so as long as they have already been captured for the educash payment.

“We are not going to pay cash to anybody; we are not going to handle cash.

“We are going to pay through the account. If that person doesn’t have an account, they need to open an account because it is difficult to trace cash transactions.

“Today, as we have gone out, if I say I have paid 100 people, how will you confirm that?

“But, the one we have done through transfers, you can see it through bank statements and the alerts they receive.

“We want to avoid anything that will make us pay cash. We won’t even pay cash, I can assure you.

“Those who have not opened account, if the name was captured and sent to us, that is for primary and secondary beneficiaries, what we can do for that person is to allow him or her to open a bank account and send the details to us.

“For parents whose children were selected in the primary and secondary as a result of indigency, we will look into that particular case.

“If we have a parent that has no account, we will allow him/her to open an account and send it to us,” he said.

At the Christ Apostolic Church School 1, Ilaro, Mr. Akeem Solomon Durosinmi and Mrs Akinlade both thanked Governor Dapo Abiodun for having the welfare of their children at heart.

They addef that the money would go a long way in helping them to provide more for their children.

Also, Mr. Dada Amidu Ayinde, Mrs Victoria Joseph, and Mr. Timothy Adeosun at Baptist High School, Ilaro, commended the governor for the gesture, promising that they would ensure that the Educash is used for the purpose it was meant for.

At Nawar-ud-Deen Nursery and Primary School, also in Ilaro, Mrs Onilu Deborah and Mrs. Olabisi Oluwatoyin expressed their happiness at the kind gesture of the governor.

Some of the other schools visited by the team include Yewa Egbado College, United African Methodist Church School 1 and 2 Pahayi, Itolu Community High School, Anglican High School, Methodist Wesley Nursery and Primary School, Gbogodo, F. O Ahmaddiyah Primary School, Ilaro, Christ Church School, Ilaro, Nawar-ud-Deen Nursery and Primary School and Baptist High School.     (vitalnewsngr.com)

Tags: crisiscushionOgunstudents
Previous Post

Army Confirms Killing Of 52 Terrorists, Arrest Of 137 Others In North East

Next Post

HOW PETER OBI LOST THE CHRISTIAN VOTE AND IS NOW CHASING THE MUSLIM VOTE By JESUTEGA ONOKPASA.

Vital News

Vital News

RelatedStories

Julitola International Schools Records 100pct Pass Rate In 2026 WASSCE-CBE
Education

Julitola International Schools Records 100pct Pass Rate In 2026 WASSCE-CBE

August 8, 2026
DEMOCRACY DAY SPEECH : OUR GENERATION MUST SECURE PROSPERITY BY BOLA TINUBU
Education

President Tinubu Approves Absorption Of 3,252 PTA Teachers In FGCs Into Federal Civil Service

August 6, 2026
Dangote Cement Deepens Education Support In Kogi
Business

Dangote Cement Deepens Education Support In Kogi

August 4, 2026
‎ANA Kogi Sets October For Yusuf Ali Literary Contest, Intensifies Convention Preparations
Education

‎ANA Kogi Sets October For Yusuf Ali Literary Contest, Intensifies Convention Preparations

August 2, 2026
Concerned Parents Urge FG To Reverse Tuition Fee Hike In NAF Primary Schools
Education

Concerned Parents Urge FG To Reverse Tuition Fee Hike In NAF Primary Schools

July 29, 2026
Next Post
HOW PETER OBI LOST THE CHRISTIAN VOTE AND IS NOW CHASING THE MUSLIM VOTE  By  JESUTEGA ONOKPASA.

HOW PETER OBI LOST THE CHRISTIAN VOTE AND IS NOW CHASING THE MUSLIM VOTE By JESUTEGA ONOKPASA.

CBN Sacks Boards, Management Of  Titan Trust Bank, Keystone Bank, Union Bank, Polaris Bank

CBN Raises Capital Base For Banks To ₦500bln

ECOWAS Plans Standby Force To Counter Terrorists, Promises To Ease Sanctions On Niger Republic If …..

Stop Denigrating Nigeria In Your Sermons, Tinubu To Clerics

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow Us

Recommended

Gov. Soludo Says Full Autonomy Will Create Chaos, Signs Bill To Deduct Funds From LGs Allocations

Gov. Soludo Says Full Autonomy Will Create Chaos, Signs Bill To Deduct Funds From LGs Allocations

2 years ago
Abdullahi Preaches Peace, Urges Prayers For Bello, Leads Kogi Muslims In Prayer On Mount Arafah   Kogi State Muslims to this year’s hajj have been urged to make the Almighty Allah the centre of their activities in this World.  The Executive Chairman of the Kogi State Hajj Commission,Shaikh Luqman Imam Abdullahi gave the admonition on Tuesday in a sermon he delivered after leading the pilgrims  in the two complusory  congregational prayers on Mount Arafah.  In his sermon, the Chairman strongly admonished the congregation to always be conscious of the Almighty ALLAH in their daily activities.  He also urged them to always thank Him for enabling them to be part of this all important  spiritual journey.  Imam Abdullahi further urged them to critically remember their parents, family, the  Governor of the State Alhaji Yahaya Bello, leaders at levels, the Ummah and others in their fervent prayers.   He advised them to conduct themselves very well during the remaining part of their stay in the Kingdom and assured them of the Commission’s commitment to their welfare.   He then prayed for the state and all its leaders.  Today Tuesday, the 9th Dhul-Hijjah,1444H/27th June 2023, is the Day of Arafah.  While giving updates on the hajj activities, the state Amirul Hajj, Alhaji Zakariyahu Aliyu Abubakar (Zaak) said Kogi State pilgrims arrived and stayed at Mount Arafah till sunset as a significant pillar of Hajj rites.   ” Part of the day’s activities is the combination of two salat which was led by Shaikh Luqman Imam Abdullahi , Executive Chairman, Kogi State Hajj Commission.  “The Kogi State Pilgrims to this year’s Hajj have started the performance of real Hajj rites by fully assuming the Hajj costume known as Ihram on Monday, 8th Dhul-Hijjah 1444H/26th June, 2023.   “They will remain in the attire for the performance of other Hajj rites such as staying at Arafat, stoning the symbolic position of Shaitan where it was desuading Prophet Ibrahim Alayhi Sallam in disobeying the Almighty ALLAH to offer his only son, Ismail as at then as a sacrifice, slaughtering of an animal and shaving of the hair or trimming the hair by women.   “After completing all these, the pilgrims are expected to come out of ihram and enjoy a temporary freedom from certain restrictions until they complete the Hajj rites at Makkah by performing the Hajj circumumbulation known as Tawaf and the movement b

2023 Hajj : Nigerian Pilgrims Begin Journey Back Home Tuesday, July 4

3 years ago
Go After Terrorists, Restructure Nigeria Now – Afenifere Urges Tinubu

New National Minimum Wage Coming Soon, Tinubu Tells Workers

2 years ago
ECOWAS Donates $1.9mln To Vulnerable Nigerians

ECOWAS Donates $1.9mln To Vulnerable Nigerians

2 years ago

Instagram

    Please install/update and activate JNews Instagram plugin.

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • Housing
  • ICT
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

Topics

Abiodun Abuja APC arrest Bandits Bello Benue Buhari CBN cement Court Dangote death dies drug drugs Economy EFCC Election FG Hajj INEC Kano kidnap Kill Kogi Kwara Lagos NDLEA Niger Nigeria Ododo Ogun Oyo PDP Police Power refinery rescue road Security Senate students Tinubu US
No Result
View All Result

Highlights

Osun Poll : APC May Go To Court After Reviewing Results, Urges Calm Among Members

Osun Poll : Adeleke Re-affirms President Tinubu Endorsement For 2027

Osun Poll : Your Victory, A Fitting Assurance That Democrcay Will Continue To Flourish Under APC – President Tinubu To Adeleke

Osun Election : Gov. Adeleke Thanks President Tinubu For Ensuring “Democracy Lives On”

INEC Declares Ademola Adeleke Winner Of Osun Governorship Election

Failed Ghana Bank Raid Ends In Bloodbath As Police Kill 2, Arrest Nigerian Ringleader

Trending

Osun Poll : NGF Congratulares Adeleke, Commends President Tinubu, Security Agencies
News

Osun Poll : NGF Congratulares Adeleke, Commends President Tinubu, Security Agencies

by Vital News
August 16, 2026
0

The Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) has congratulated Governor Ademola Adeleke, on his re-election for a second term...

NDLEA Nabs India-bound Businessman With 1.550kg  Cocaine, Seizes Colos, Codeine Worth N3.6 billion In Lagos

NDLEA Nabs India-bound Businessman With 1.550kg Cocaine, Seizes Colos, Codeine Worth N3.6 billion In Lagos

August 16, 2026
With Free And Fair Polls, President Tinubu, Ododo Will Win 2027 Elections By Landslides — Ex-Kogi Speaker Mathew Kolawole

With Free And Fair Polls, President Tinubu, Ododo Will Win 2027 Elections By Landslides — Ex-Kogi Speaker Mathew Kolawole

August 16, 2026
APC Constitutes National Campaign Council For Osun Governorship Election, Appoints Uzodimma As Chairman

Osun Poll : APC May Go To Court After Reviewing Results, Urges Calm Among Members

August 16, 2026
Osun Poll : Adeleke Re-affirms President Tinubu Endorsement For 2027

Osun Poll : Adeleke Re-affirms President Tinubu Endorsement For 2027

August 16, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Vital News

Vital News is an online newspaper with a mission to uphold professional journalism by reporting and publishing only facts and figures-based news reports across Nigeria and beyond.

Recent News

  • Osun Poll : NGF Congratulares Adeleke, Commends President Tinubu, Security Agencies August 16, 2026
  • NDLEA Nabs India-bound Businessman With 1.550kg Cocaine, Seizes Colos, Codeine Worth N3.6 billion In Lagos August 16, 2026
  • With Free And Fair Polls, President Tinubu, Ododo Will Win 2027 Elections By Landslides — Ex-Kogi Speaker Mathew Kolawole August 16, 2026

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • Housing
  • ICT
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

© 2022 Vital News - . All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security

© 2022 Vital News - Vital News by Vital News.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In