• About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Sunday, February 22, 2026
  • Login
Vital News
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
Vital News
No Result
View All Result
Home Environment

We Demolished DATKEM Plaza For Contravening Physical Planning Laws – Ogun Govt.

Vital News by Vital News
September 10, 2023
in Environment
0
We Demolished DATKEM Plaza For Contravening Physical Planning Laws – Ogun Govt.
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

 

Abeokuta – Ogun State Government on Sunday said DATKEM Plaza, Ijebu Ode is an illegal structure without an approved plan.

The structure, the state government added, also contravened the state’s physical planning laws.

The government, in a statement signed by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development, Engr. Olayiwola Abiodun said the structure violated the building codes of the state with numerous defects.

He said several efforts made by the state government to halt further development on site were ignored by the developers.

RelatedStories

BEBM Exhibitions Congratulates Dr Obadaki On Emergence As First Female Fellow Of NIESV

Zulum Receives 7 Ambassadors, UN Officials On Humanitarian Visit To Maiduguri

Dangote Cement Unveils FairPlay Initiative To Ignite Safety Culture Transformation In Ibese Plant

Kogi Invalidates Fraudulent Certificates Of Occupancy, Reclaims Illegally Acquired Properties

He said government officials requested the structural engineer in charge of the building to avail the state of the structural equilibrium of the building, a request that was ignored.

The statement recalled the various incidences of building disasters across the country, adding that the Ogun State Government will not fold its arm and allow and such occurrence.

It noted that many of such disasters, such as fire outbreaks at Ikorodu, led to the loss of precious lives.

According to the permanent secretary, what the government did in partially pulling down the defective building was to be proactive.

Engr. Abiodun challenged the owners of the structure to produce evidence of government approval in their possession.

He said that for a commercial building of that status, there must be parking space to accommodate vehicular traffic within and outside the facility for workers and visitors.

The provision of the law is for 45 to 50 per cent of available land for construction as a buildable area.

The permanent secretary added that the building lacked stage certification, which is usually issued at every stage of construction.

He said that owners were served the necessary notices, including abatement, contravention, stop work and demolition between May and October 2022, which were ignored.

According to the statement, DATKEM Enterprises Limited submitted application for an office building, located along Ibadan Road, Ijebu Ode in 2009 with registration number CB/05/299/2009.

“The proposal was for five (5) floors with airspace of 3 metres at the right, 5m at the left, 5metres at the rear and a setback of 32.5516 metres to the middle of Ijebu Ode/Ibadan road, Ijebu-Ode.

“The Zonal Town Planning Office observed during routine monitoring that the construction on site did not conform with the plan granted as there was a deviation from the airspaces and setback.

“In addition, the building had been modified and enlarged with an additional storey building at the back thereby becoming over density.

“In view of the above, the following actions were taken:

“Contravention Notice with Serial No. 0106983 was served on 24th May 2022.

“Stop Work Order with Serial No. 000623 was served on 24th May 2022.

“Another Stop Work Order with Serial No. 001065 was served on 22nd July 2022 when the first notice was ignored.

“Demolition Notice with Serial No. 0007549 was served on 11th October 2022.

“Notice to seal with Serial No. 000815 was served on 4th October 2022.

The statement noted further that despite all these notices, the developer was recalcitrant and continued with the construction work.

“This prompted the re-sealing of the site on 1st August, 2023. But the sealing did not stop the developer from further construction as work continued on the site.

“However, the developer wrote an appeal for unsealing, which was considered so as to evacuate the belongings in the premises.

“Thereafter, quit notice with Serial No. 0030750 was served on 31st August, 2023.

“In view of the above, since the developer had remained recalcitrant, the Zonal Town Planning Office’s recommendation for the demolition of the office building was upheld,” the statement added.

The state government reiterated its avowed commitment to ensure the safety of its citizens, adding that any defective buildings in any part of the state will be demolished to safeguard the lives of the people.
(vitalnewsngr.com)

Tags: DATKEMlawsOgunTown
Previous Post

Tinubu To Stopover In Dubai To Resolve Visa, Flight Ban On Nigeria

Next Post

Insecurity : Catholic Bishops Urge Governments To Checkmate Proliferation Of Arms

Vital News

Vital News

RelatedStories

BEBM Exhibitions Congratulates Dr Obadaki On Emergence As First Female Fellow Of NIESV
Environment

BEBM Exhibitions Congratulates Dr Obadaki On Emergence As First Female Fellow Of NIESV

February 13, 2026
Zulum Receives 7 Ambassadors, UN Officials On Humanitarian Visit To Maiduguri
Environment

Zulum Receives 7 Ambassadors, UN Officials On Humanitarian Visit To Maiduguri

February 4, 2026
Dangote Cement Unveils FairPlay Initiative To Ignite Safety Culture Transformation In Ibese Plant
Business

Dangote Cement Unveils FairPlay Initiative To Ignite Safety Culture Transformation In Ibese Plant

January 29, 2026
Kogi Invalidates Fraudulent Certificates Of Occupancy, Reclaims Illegally Acquired Properties
Environment

Kogi Invalidates Fraudulent Certificates Of Occupancy, Reclaims Illegally Acquired Properties

January 15, 2026
Ogun Govt Promises To Deliver 3,000 Housing Units In 2026, Targets 10,000 By 2027
Environment

Ogun Govt Promises To Deliver 3,000 Housing Units In 2026, Targets 10,000 By 2027

January 6, 2026
Next Post
Insecurity : Catholic Bishops Urge Governments To Checkmate Proliferation Of Arms

Insecurity : Catholic Bishops Urge Governments To Checkmate Proliferation Of Arms

24 Dead, Many Missing In Niger Boat Mishap

24 Dead, Many Missing In Niger Boat Mishap

Daniel’s wife Condemns Demolition Of DATKEM Plaza, Describes Ogun Govt. Action As Executive Recklessness

Daniel’s wife Condemns Demolition Of DATKEM Plaza, Describes Ogun Govt. Action As Executive Recklessness

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow Us

Recommended

Oluwole Adetiran, NYSC anthem Composer, dies at 74

4 years ago

2023 Elections : INEC directs parties to conduct primaries from April 4 – June 3

4 years ago

Breaking : APC calls off March 17 NEC meeting

4 years ago

In Kano, Father, Son, One Other Die While Trying To Retrieve Mobile Phone From Pit Latrine

2 years ago

Instagram

    Please install/update and activate JNews Instagram plugin.

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

Topics

Abiodun Abuja APC arrest Atiku Bandits Bello Benue Buhari CBN cement Court Dangote death dies drugs Economy EFCC Election FG Hajj INEC Kano kidnap Kill Kogi Kwara Lagos NDLEA Niger Nigeria Ododo Ogun Oyo PDP Police Power refinery rescue road Security students Tinubu troops US
No Result
View All Result

Highlights

President Tinubu Urges INEC To Use FCT, Rivers, Kano Elections To Strengthen Voters’ Confidence

Zulum Commits N12.9bln To Training Of 54 Borno Indigenes In Aerospace Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering

Abiodun Rewards Nigeria’s Best Teacher with Two-Bedroom Flat, FG Donates Car

Kwara Launches Operation Savannah Shield To Tackle Banditry, Terrorism

Dangote Cement Donates Security Posts To Kogi Host Communities

Ramadan, Lent : Abiodun Salutes Muslim, Christian Faithful, Seeks Prayers For Nigeria, Leaders

Trending

Ahead FCT Area Council Election, INEC Reaffirms Neutrality, Warns Against Vote Buying
Politics

TMSG Hails President Tinubu’s Swift Assent To 2026 Electoral Act

by Vital News
February 21, 2026
0

The Tinubu Media Support Group (TMSG) has endorsed President Bola Tinubu's swift assent to the Electoral Act...

Gov. Abiodun Appoints Nine Permanent Secretaries, New Principals-General, Headteachers-General

Ogun Dissociates Itself From Rumours Of Selection Of Prince Kuye As New Awujale, Halts Selection Process

February 21, 2026
Police Begin Manhunt For Killers Of Three Officers, Two Vigilante In Kogi

Police Appeals N30million Damages Awarded to Sowore

February 21, 2026
Ahead FCT Area Council Election, INEC Reaffirms Neutrality, Warns Against Vote Buying

President Tinubu Urges INEC To Use FCT, Rivers, Kano Elections To Strengthen Voters’ Confidence

February 20, 2026
Zulum Commits N12.9bln To Training Of 54 Borno Indigenes In Aerospace Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering

Zulum Commits N12.9bln To Training Of 54 Borno Indigenes In Aerospace Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering

February 20, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Vital News

Vital News is an online newspaper with a mission to uphold professional journalism by reporting and publishing only facts and figures-based news reports across Nigeria and beyond.

Recent News

  • TMSG Hails President Tinubu’s Swift Assent To 2026 Electoral Act February 21, 2026
  • Ogun Dissociates Itself From Rumours Of Selection Of Prince Kuye As New Awujale, Halts Selection Process February 21, 2026
  • Police Appeals N30million Damages Awarded to Sowore February 21, 2026

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

© 2022 Vital News - . All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security

© 2022 Vital News - Vital News by Vital News.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In