• About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Sunday, February 22, 2026
  • Login
Vital News
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
Vital News
No Result
View All Result
Home Transport

Train attack : NRC confirms safety of 14 additional passengers, says one more passenger missing

... can't establish telephone contact with 146 passengers

Vital News by Vital News
April 4, 2022
in Transport
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

By Kola Adeyemi

Abuja – The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) said it has confirmed the safety of additional 14 passengers in the Abuja-Kaduna bound train that was attacked by terrorists on Monday , March 28.

A statement issued by the NRC on Sunday in Abuja said that the number brings to 186 the total number of passengers that are safe in the attack

In the statement signed by its Managing Director, Mr Fidet Okhiria, the NRC said the number of missing passengers has also increased from 21 to 22.

It said that the 22 passengers were the ones reported missing by their relatives.

RelatedStories

7 Die In Ota Toll Gate Accident, Abiodun Condemns Reckless Driving, Orders Probe Into Tragedy

Ogun Targets 2,000km Of Roads For Construction, Completion Before End Of Abiodun’s Tenure

FRSC Dismisses 43 Officers Over Misconduct

Sukuk Team Visits Key Infrastructure Projects In Kogi, Govt. Opts For Non-interest Financing

“The phones of 35 people on the train manifest were ringing when called but no-one responded; just as the mobile phone numbers of 51 phone numbers on the manifest are either switched off or not reachable since Tuesday morning,” he said.

According to Okhiria, 60 phone numbers, when called, are said to be non-existent.

“Two coaches earlier re-railed were safely moved to Rigasa Station. This brings the total number of recovered coaches and safely moved to NRC stations to seven.

“Intensive work continues on track repairs. More concrete sleepers were moved to site while some section of twisted tracks has been straightened,” the statement said.

The NRC had earlier said that eight passengers died in the attack while it also suspended the Abuja-Kaduna railway service.

The full statement is presented below:

In our quest to keep the general public informed with on-going development regarding the clearing of the incident site (recovery of the rolling stock, repairs of the track) and status of Passengers that were on-board the AK 9 train of Monday 28th March 2022, the Corporation hereby provide the following updates as at end of work today 3rd April, 2022:

Two (2No.) Coaches (SP 00016 and SP 00017) earlier re-railed were safely moved to Rigasa Station. This brings the total number of recovered Coaches and safely moved to NRC Stations to seven .

Intensive work continues on track repairs. More concrete Sleepers were moved to site while some section of twisted tracks has been straightened.

Of the 362 validated passengers on board the attacked AK9 train service on 28th March 2022,
186 persons on the manifest are confirmed to be safe and at their various homes (Additional 14 persons confirmed safe today).51 phone numbers on the manifest are either switched off or not reachable since Tuesday morning. 35 phone numbers on the manifest are ringing but no response from the other end.
60 phone numbers on the manifest when called response non-existent.
22 persons are reported missing by their relatives.
8 persons confirmed dead.
We remain grateful to the Security Agencies for all the support. We are very appreciative of the Squadron Commander MOPOL 1 Kaduna visit to the accident site today.

The NRC will continue to update the general public of developments to prevent misleading information and falsehood.

Thank you and God bless Nigeria. (vitalnews)

Tags: NRCpassengersPhonessafety
Previous Post

Ubani calls for change in economic management to protect foreign reserve, Naira value

Next Post

Block all SIM cards not linked with NIN immediately , FG directs MTN, Glo, Airtel others

Vital News

Vital News

RelatedStories

FRSC Confirms 10 Dead, 11 Injured In Crash On Lokoja – Obajana Road In Kogi
News

7 Die In Ota Toll Gate Accident, Abiodun Condemns Reckless Driving, Orders Probe Into Tragedy

February 17, 2026
Ogun Targets 2,000km Of Roads For Construction, Completion Before End Of Abiodun’s Tenure
News

Ogun Targets 2,000km Of Roads For Construction, Completion Before End Of Abiodun’s Tenure

February 16, 2026
FRSC Confirms 10 Dead, 11 Injured In Crash On Lokoja – Obajana Road In Kogi
News

FRSC Dismisses 43 Officers Over Misconduct

February 12, 2026
Sukuk Team Visits Key Infrastructure Projects In Kogi, Govt. Opts For Non-interest Financing
Economy

Sukuk Team Visits Key Infrastructure Projects In Kogi, Govt. Opts For Non-interest Financing

February 10, 2026
FG Terminates Five Major  Road Contracts Awarded To TEC Engineering, CCECC, Others In Kogi
News

FG Announces Partial Closure Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway For Six Weeks

February 6, 2026
Next Post

Block all SIM cards not linked with NIN immediately , FG directs MTN, Glo, Airtel others

Ekiti , Osun governorship elections : INEC opens portal for recruitment of ad hoc staff

Insecurity: Summon northern stakeholders meeting, CAN urges Buhari

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow Us

Recommended

Coalition : Labour Party Asks Peter Obi To Resign Within 48-hour

Coalition : Labour Party Asks Peter Obi To Resign Within 48-hour

8 months ago
I will Prioritise Job Creation, Employment For Youth, Women If Elected President – Atiku

I will Prioritise Job Creation, Employment For Youth, Women If Elected President – Atiku

3 years ago

Two KWASU Students Found Dead Inside Hostel

3 years ago

Nigerians Now Free To Travel To UAE – FG

2 years ago

Instagram

    Please install/update and activate JNews Instagram plugin.

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

Topics

Abiodun Abuja APC arrest Atiku Bandits Bello Benue Buhari CBN cement Court Dangote death dies drugs Economy EFCC Election FG Hajj INEC Kano kidnap Kill Kogi Kwara Lagos NDLEA Niger Nigeria Ododo Ogun Oyo PDP Police Power refinery rescue road Security students Tinubu troops US
No Result
View All Result

Highlights

President Tinubu Urges INEC To Use FCT, Rivers, Kano Elections To Strengthen Voters’ Confidence

Zulum Commits N12.9bln To Training Of 54 Borno Indigenes In Aerospace Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering

Abiodun Rewards Nigeria’s Best Teacher with Two-Bedroom Flat, FG Donates Car

Kwara Launches Operation Savannah Shield To Tackle Banditry, Terrorism

Dangote Cement Donates Security Posts To Kogi Host Communities

Ramadan, Lent : Abiodun Salutes Muslim, Christian Faithful, Seeks Prayers For Nigeria, Leaders

Trending

Ahead FCT Area Council Election, INEC Reaffirms Neutrality, Warns Against Vote Buying
Politics

TMSG Hails President Tinubu’s Swift Assent To 2026 Electoral Act

by Vital News
February 21, 2026
0

The Tinubu Media Support Group (TMSG) has endorsed President Bola Tinubu's swift assent to the Electoral Act...

Gov. Abiodun Appoints Nine Permanent Secretaries, New Principals-General, Headteachers-General

Ogun Dissociates Itself From Rumours Of Selection Of Prince Kuye As New Awujale, Halts Selection Process

February 21, 2026
Police Begin Manhunt For Killers Of Three Officers, Two Vigilante In Kogi

Police Appeals N30million Damages Awarded to Sowore

February 21, 2026
Ahead FCT Area Council Election, INEC Reaffirms Neutrality, Warns Against Vote Buying

President Tinubu Urges INEC To Use FCT, Rivers, Kano Elections To Strengthen Voters’ Confidence

February 20, 2026
Zulum Commits N12.9bln To Training Of 54 Borno Indigenes In Aerospace Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering

Zulum Commits N12.9bln To Training Of 54 Borno Indigenes In Aerospace Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering

February 20, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Vital News

Vital News is an online newspaper with a mission to uphold professional journalism by reporting and publishing only facts and figures-based news reports across Nigeria and beyond.

Recent News

  • TMSG Hails President Tinubu’s Swift Assent To 2026 Electoral Act February 21, 2026
  • Ogun Dissociates Itself From Rumours Of Selection Of Prince Kuye As New Awujale, Halts Selection Process February 21, 2026
  • Police Appeals N30million Damages Awarded to Sowore February 21, 2026

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

© 2022 Vital News - . All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security

© 2022 Vital News - Vital News by Vital News.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In