• About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Sunday, February 22, 2026
  • Login
Vital News
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
Vital News
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Six More CUSTECH Students Rescued From Kidnappers

Vital News by Vital News
May 14, 2024
in News, Security
0
14 Abuja-bound Passengers Kidnapped In Kogi , Police In Rescue Mission
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

 

The Kogi State Government on Tuesday said six more students of the Confluence University of Science and Technology (CUSTECH), Osara, have been rescued from their abductors.

Kingsley Fanwo, the state Commissioner for Information and Communications confirmed the rescue of the students in a statements in Lokoja.

The students were kidnapped by gunmen from the university campus in the evening of Thursday, May 9, 2024.

A combined team of men of the Department of State Security (DSS) and traditional hunters had on Saturday, May 11 successfully rescued nine students from the kidnappers while five others were found the following morning, making 14 that have regained their freedom.

RelatedStories

Ogun Dissociates Itself From Rumours Of Selection Of Prince Kuye As New Awujale, Halts Selection Process

Kwara Launches Operation Savannah Shield To Tackle Banditry, Terrorism

Dangote Cement Donates Security Posts To Kogi Host Communities

7 Die In Ota Toll Gate Accident, Abiodun Condemns Reckless Driving, Orders Probe Into Tragedy

The rescue of the six students, brings to 20 the number of students so far rescued from the kidnappers.

Unspecified number of students are still being held by the gunmen.

However, Fanwo, said data at government disposal indicates that there are four students yet to be found.

Giving more details on the rescue of the six students, the Commissioner said the rescue efforts paid off after fierce gun battle between security agents and the kidnappers.

He said the superior gire power of security agents forced the kidnappers to succumb and abandon the kidnapped students.

Fanwo said : “Some of the kidnappers escaped with severe injuries.

“Nine students had been rescued first while five others were found the following morning.

“The families of the six students just rescued have confirmed that the students have arrived home.”

In his reaction, Governor Ahmed Usman Ododo expressed deep appreciation to the Joint forces that carried out the operations.

Ododo urged them to continue the search until the last student is found.

“We wish to assure the public that the security architecture around our schools has been recalibrated for efficiency and early warning alarm to prevent future occurrence,” the governor said. (vitalnewsngr.com)

 

 

Tags: CUSTECHrescuesixstudents
Previous Post

Tinubu Directs Mandatory Purchase Of CNG – Powered Vehicles By MDAs

Next Post

SPECIAL REPORT : How HMOs Fail Women Needing Critical Healthcare

Vital News

Vital News

RelatedStories

Gov. Abiodun Appoints Nine Permanent Secretaries, New Principals-General, Headteachers-General
Culture

Ogun Dissociates Itself From Rumours Of Selection Of Prince Kuye As New Awujale, Halts Selection Process

February 21, 2026
Kwara Launches Operation Savannah Shield To Tackle Banditry, Terrorism
Security

Kwara Launches Operation Savannah Shield To Tackle Banditry, Terrorism

February 20, 2026
Dangote Cement Donates Security Posts To Kogi Host Communities
News

Dangote Cement Donates Security Posts To Kogi Host Communities

February 20, 2026
FRSC Confirms 10 Dead, 11 Injured In Crash On Lokoja – Obajana Road In Kogi
News

7 Die In Ota Toll Gate Accident, Abiodun Condemns Reckless Driving, Orders Probe Into Tragedy

February 17, 2026
Ogun Clears Eight-Year Pension, Gratuity Backlog Of Retirees  — Finance Commissioner
Labour

Ogun Clears Eight-Year Pension, Gratuity Backlog Of Retirees — Finance Commissioner

February 17, 2026
Next Post
SPECIAL REPORT : How HMOs Fail Women Needing Critical Healthcare

SPECIAL REPORT : How HMOs Fail Women Needing Critical Healthcare

UK – based Nigerian Pastor Jailed For Stealing Church Money

UK - based Nigerian Pastor Jailed For Stealing Church Money

Oyo, GBE Partner To Renovate 58 Schools

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow Us

Recommended

Abdullahi Preaches Peace, Urges Prayers For Bello, Leads Kogi Muslims In Prayer On Mount Arafah   Kogi State Muslims to this year’s hajj have been urged to make the Almighty Allah the centre of their activities in this World.  The Executive Chairman of the Kogi State Hajj Commission,Shaikh Luqman Imam Abdullahi gave the admonition on Tuesday in a sermon he delivered after leading the pilgrims  in the two complusory  congregational prayers on Mount Arafah.  In his sermon, the Chairman strongly admonished the congregation to always be conscious of the Almighty ALLAH in their daily activities.  He also urged them to always thank Him for enabling them to be part of this all important  spiritual journey.  Imam Abdullahi further urged them to critically remember their parents, family, the  Governor of the State Alhaji Yahaya Bello, leaders at levels, the Ummah and others in their fervent prayers.   He advised them to conduct themselves very well during the remaining part of their stay in the Kingdom and assured them of the Commission’s commitment to their welfare.   He then prayed for the state and all its leaders.  Today Tuesday, the 9th Dhul-Hijjah,1444H/27th June 2023, is the Day of Arafah.  While giving updates on the hajj activities, the state Amirul Hajj, Alhaji Zakariyahu Aliyu Abubakar (Zaak) said Kogi State pilgrims arrived and stayed at Mount Arafah till sunset as a significant pillar of Hajj rites.   ” Part of the day’s activities is the combination of two salat which was led by Shaikh Luqman Imam Abdullahi , Executive Chairman, Kogi State Hajj Commission.  “The Kogi State Pilgrims to this year’s Hajj have started the performance of real Hajj rites by fully assuming the Hajj costume known as Ihram on Monday, 8th Dhul-Hijjah 1444H/26th June, 2023.   “They will remain in the attire for the performance of other Hajj rites such as staying at Arafat, stoning the symbolic position of Shaitan where it was desuading Prophet Ibrahim Alayhi Sallam in disobeying the Almighty ALLAH to offer his only son, Ismail as at then as a sacrifice, slaughtering of an animal and shaving of the hair or trimming the hair by women.   “After completing all these, the pilgrims are expected to come out of ihram and enjoy a temporary freedom from certain restrictions until they complete the Hajj rites at Makkah by performing the Hajj circumumbulation known as Tawaf and the movement b

Come For Collection Of Your 32kg Luggage, 5-litre Zamzam Water, Kogi Hajj Commission Tells Pilgrims

3 years ago
Pioneer President Of ASUU, Literary Critic, Professor Biodun Jeyifo Dies At 80

Pioneer President Of ASUU, Literary Critic, Professor Biodun Jeyifo Dies At 80

2 weeks ago
How Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Died Of Prostate Cancer In A German Hospital – Ondo State Govt.

Governor Abiodun Mourns Akeredolu, Says His Death Painful, Tragic

2 years ago

Army striving to meet security expectations – COAS

4 years ago

Instagram

    Please install/update and activate JNews Instagram plugin.

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

Topics

Abiodun Abuja APC arrest Atiku Bandits Bello Benue Buhari CBN cement Court Dangote death dies drugs Economy EFCC Election FG Hajj INEC Kano kidnap Kill Kogi Kwara Lagos NDLEA Niger Nigeria Ododo Ogun Oyo PDP Police Power refinery rescue road Security students Tinubu troops US
No Result
View All Result

Highlights

President Tinubu Urges INEC To Use FCT, Rivers, Kano Elections To Strengthen Voters’ Confidence

Zulum Commits N12.9bln To Training Of 54 Borno Indigenes In Aerospace Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering

Abiodun Rewards Nigeria’s Best Teacher with Two-Bedroom Flat, FG Donates Car

Kwara Launches Operation Savannah Shield To Tackle Banditry, Terrorism

Dangote Cement Donates Security Posts To Kogi Host Communities

Ramadan, Lent : Abiodun Salutes Muslim, Christian Faithful, Seeks Prayers For Nigeria, Leaders

Trending

Ahead FCT Area Council Election, INEC Reaffirms Neutrality, Warns Against Vote Buying
Politics

TMSG Hails President Tinubu’s Swift Assent To 2026 Electoral Act

by Vital News
February 21, 2026
0

The Tinubu Media Support Group (TMSG) has endorsed President Bola Tinubu's swift assent to the Electoral Act...

Gov. Abiodun Appoints Nine Permanent Secretaries, New Principals-General, Headteachers-General

Ogun Dissociates Itself From Rumours Of Selection Of Prince Kuye As New Awujale, Halts Selection Process

February 21, 2026
Police Begin Manhunt For Killers Of Three Officers, Two Vigilante In Kogi

Police Appeals N30million Damages Awarded to Sowore

February 21, 2026
Ahead FCT Area Council Election, INEC Reaffirms Neutrality, Warns Against Vote Buying

President Tinubu Urges INEC To Use FCT, Rivers, Kano Elections To Strengthen Voters’ Confidence

February 20, 2026
Zulum Commits N12.9bln To Training Of 54 Borno Indigenes In Aerospace Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering

Zulum Commits N12.9bln To Training Of 54 Borno Indigenes In Aerospace Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering

February 20, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Vital News

Vital News is an online newspaper with a mission to uphold professional journalism by reporting and publishing only facts and figures-based news reports across Nigeria and beyond.

Recent News

  • TMSG Hails President Tinubu’s Swift Assent To 2026 Electoral Act February 21, 2026
  • Ogun Dissociates Itself From Rumours Of Selection Of Prince Kuye As New Awujale, Halts Selection Process February 21, 2026
  • Police Appeals N30million Damages Awarded to Sowore February 21, 2026

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

© 2022 Vital News - . All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security

© 2022 Vital News - Vital News by Vital News.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In