• About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Thursday, May 21, 2026
  • Login
Vital News
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security
No Result
View All Result
Vital News
No Result
View All Result
Home News

How Insufficient Funds Stalled Completion Of Benin-Auchi-Okene-Obajana Road – Clem Agba

Vital News by Vital News
September 3, 2023
in News, Transport
0
How Insufficient Funds Stalled Completion Of Benin-Auchi-Okene-Obajana Road – Clem Agba

Mr Clem Agba

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

 

By Emmanuel Oloniruha

Prince Clem Agba, the immediate past Minister of State for Budget and National Planning, said that Benin-Auchi-Okene-Obajana road has yet to be completed due to insufficient funds for the project.

Agba spoke on the road project while sharing his thoughts with audience at the grand reception and dinner night organised in his honour by the Edo State Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) in Benin.

According to him, budgetary provisions had always been spread thin on projects that were usually inserted in the budget by the National Assembly such that money budgeted could not accomplish the projects.

RelatedStories

No Plan To Change Nigeria’s Name, Abolish Sharia In North – Presidency

Dangote Cement Gboko Rolls Out Multi-Million Naira Empowerment Programmes In Six Benue Host Communities

Nigeria Reaffirms One-China Policy, Seeks Deeper Economic Partnership With Beijing

NHRC Worries As Nigeria Records 266,787 Rights Violation Complaints In One Month

Mr Clem Agba

He said that “with the national budget, there had been a lot of challenges. Yes, there had been improvements in terms of the cycle, but particularly as a person, I am not very happy with the content because we seem to spread ourselves so thin that we don’t have enough to do work.

“I hear people say that the National Assembly pads the budget. I wish they pad the budget because what they are doing is un-padding the budget. If they pad the budget, that means they are putting more money in it, right?

‘’And, so, you have more money to work? Right? But what they are doing is that they are removing from what have been provided and then creating other projects, making us spread too thin, and not having enough money to work.

“This is one of the things that had affected the Benin-Auchi-Okene-Obajana road, which started 15 years ago.

“Have I been a minister for fifteen years? I was only minister for three and a half years, yet I was the cause of the problem on that road because I tried to offer a solution.

“I found out that the problem of that road was insufficient funding, and each time budgetary provisions are made, our representatives from the State do not protect what is there.

“So, when the budget comes back, the amounts are lower and insufficient to do the work.

“We started with trying to use SUKUK funding, which is the Islamic interest-free loan to do it.

“But with that we had to spread the amount across the country and I realized we moved very fast with the second Niger Bridge; we moved very fast with the Lagos-Ibadan expressway and we also moved very fast with the Kano-Kaduna road.”

Agba said that there was a presidential infrastructure development fund and the sovereign wealth fund that was making contribution into the fund and all the funds that were returned from corruption issues like the Abacha loot were going into these three projects.

“That was how we were able to practically complete the projects.

“I thought that was one of the things we needed to do to fast track the work on the Benin-Auchi-Okene-Obajana road where there are three sections by three contractors that have been on the road for the last fifteen years.

“So, I approached my colleague, the minister of Works, on the need for us to use the tax credits and we spoke to the Chairman of the FIRS and he started working with the NNPC Ltd on this.

“But the NNPC Ltd report, I must say, did not include that road.

“So, it was a big battle for me, fighting to ensure that Edo State was included.

“I want to especially thank my two colleagues and brothers (Mr Sunday Dare and Prince Goddy Jeddy Agba) that are here because they joined me in that fight and in the lobby to get funding for it.

“In the end, each section got an approval of N25 billion, which means N75 billion, and I was also able to get another N10 billion in budget 2023 for two sections.” (NAN/vitalnewsngr.com)

Tags: clemfundsOkeneroad
Previous Post

8.3million Persons In Need Of Humanitarian Interventions In Northeast – FG

Next Post

Alake Gives Illegal Miners 30-day Ultimatum To join Co-operatives

Vital News

Vital News

RelatedStories

President Tinubu Moves To Grant Debt Relief To Domestic Airlines, Scrap Ticket Charges Amid Jet A1 Crisis
National

No Plan To Change Nigeria’s Name, Abolish Sharia In North – Presidency

May 21, 2026
Dangote Cement Gboko Rolls Out Multi-Million Naira Empowerment Programmes In Six Benue Host Communities
Business

Dangote Cement Gboko Rolls Out Multi-Million Naira Empowerment Programmes In Six Benue Host Communities

May 20, 2026
Nigeria Reaffirms One-China Policy, Seeks Deeper Economic Partnership With Beijing
Foreign

Nigeria Reaffirms One-China Policy, Seeks Deeper Economic Partnership With Beijing

May 20, 2026
Rights Commission  Demands End To Killings, Urges FG To Prosecute Perpetrators
Crime

NHRC Worries As Nigeria Records 266,787 Rights Violation Complaints In One Month

May 18, 2026
President Tinubu Departs Abuja On Three- Nation Tour Of France, Kenya, Rwanda May 2
National

President Tinubu Arrives Lagos After France, Kenya, Rwanda Tour

May 15, 2026
Next Post
Alake Gives Illegal Miners 30-day Ultimatum To join Co-operatives

Alake Gives Illegal Miners 30-day Ultimatum To join Co-operatives

Kaduna Has 500,000 Out-of-school Children, Says Governor

Kaduna Has 500,000 Out-of-school Children, Says Governor

Kaduna Government Recruits 7,000 Vigilantes To Tackle Banditry, Kidnapping

Kaduna Government Recruits 7,000 Vigilantes To Tackle Banditry, Kidnapping

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow Us

Recommended

NPSF Calls On Foreign Affairs Ministry, Envoy, AfCTA To Address Unfair Treatment Of Nigerians By Liberia

4 years ago

Dapo Abiodun : One Good Term Deserves Another

4 years ago
Gov. Abiodun Appoints Nine Permanent Secretaries, New Principals-General, Headteachers-General

Easter : Abiodun Congratulates Christians, Urges Unity, Love, Tolerance

2 months ago
Army Redeploys Alabi, GOC 1 Division Over Killing Of 36 Officers, Soldiers

1,935 Repentant Boko Haram Terrorists Released Back Into Communities – CDS

2 years ago

Instagram

    Please install/update and activate JNews Instagram plugin.

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

Topics

Abiodun Abuja APC arrest Atiku Bandits Bello Benue Buhari CBN cement Court Dangote death dies drugs Economy EFCC Election FG Hajj INEC Kano kidnap Kill Kogi Kwara Lagos NDLEA Niger Nigeria Ododo Ogun Oyo PDP Police Power refinery rescue road Security Senate students Tinubu US
No Result
View All Result

Highlights

Dangote Cement Gboko Rolls Out Multi-Million Naira Empowerment Programmes In Six Benue Host Communities

Fubara Announces Withdrawal From Rivers State APC Governorship Primary

Abiodun Commends Peaceful Conduct Of APC Assembly Primaries Across Ogun

Nigeria Reaffirms One-China Policy, Seeks Deeper Economic Partnership With Beijing

APC Disqualifies Ex-Minister Of Power, Adebayo Adelabu From Participating In Governorship Primary

​NDLEA Bust Nigerian-Mexican Drug Cartel, Recovers N480billion Meth In Ogun, Arrests Baron, 3 Mexicans, 6 Others

Trending

​NDLEA Bust Nigerian-Mexican Drug  Cartel, Recovers N480billion Meth In Ogun, Arrests Baron, 3 Mexicans, 6 Others
Crime

President Tinubu Commends Marwa, NDLEA Staff On Successful Bust Of Nigeria-Mexican Drug Ring, Seizure Of N480million Illicit Drug

by Vital News
May 21, 2026
0

President Bola Tinubu has congratulated the Chairman and the entire staff of the National Drug Law Enforcement...

President Tinubu Moves To Grant Debt Relief To Domestic Airlines, Scrap Ticket Charges Amid Jet A1 Crisis

No Plan To Change Nigeria’s Name, Abolish Sharia In North – Presidency

May 21, 2026
President Tinubu Departs Abuja On Three- Nation Tour Of France, Kenya, Rwanda May 2

President Tinubu Appoints 39-year-old Prof. Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar

May 21, 2026
Dangote Cement Gboko Rolls Out Multi-Million Naira Empowerment Programmes In Six Benue Host Communities

Dangote Cement Gboko Rolls Out Multi-Million Naira Empowerment Programmes In Six Benue Host Communities

May 20, 2026
Fubara Announces Withdrawal From Rivers State APC Governorship Primary

Fubara Announces Withdrawal From Rivers State APC Governorship Primary

May 20, 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
Vital News

Vital News is an online newspaper with a mission to uphold professional journalism by reporting and publishing only facts and figures-based news reports across Nigeria and beyond.

Recent News

  • President Tinubu Commends Marwa, NDLEA Staff On Successful Bust Of Nigeria-Mexican Drug Ring, Seizure Of N480million Illicit Drug May 21, 2026
  • No Plan To Change Nigeria’s Name, Abolish Sharia In North – Presidency May 21, 2026
  • President Tinubu Appoints 39-year-old Prof. Segun Aina As New JAMB Registrar May 21, 2026

Categories

  • Agriculture/ Water/ Mineral
  • Aviation
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Environment
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Gender
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Judiciary
  • Labour
  • Maritime/ Marine Transport
  • National
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Power
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Tourism
  • Transport
  • Uncategorized

© 2022 Vital News - . All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Frontpage
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • National
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More
    • Crime
    • Judiciary
    • Security

© 2022 Vital News - Vital News by Vital News.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In